Status: Spotty

Say the Last Goodbye

XxX 18 XxX

Katie's P.O.V.

My heart was broken. He was gone. I'd never feel his calloused hand in mine anymore. I'd never feel his hot breath against my neck anymore. I'd never feel him against me again. Tears slid down my cheeks as the hole where my heart should have been throbbed painfully.

I couldn't breathe as I drove to my parent's. The loss was so strong. And it had already been a year, but everyday felt like the day of the funeral. Everyday, the pain continued. The aching lonliness I felt without Travis was strong every second of every day.

I still woke up crying, craving for his touch; craving for his arms around me. Everyday I still craved for his lips to meet mine. And everyday, I woke up, hoping this was all a dream and that Travis was coming home.

But then reality hits me, and I can't breathe...

The radio was playign softly but I still caught the words. I didn't really listen at first but when I caught what the girl was singing, I started crying hard. I had to pull over on the side of the road.

'Baby, why'd you leave me, why'd you have to go
I was counting on forever, now I'll never know
I cant even breathe
It's like I'm, looking from a distance, standing in the background
Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now,
This can't be happening to me
This is just a dream

The preacher man said let us bow our heads and pray
lord please lift his soul and heal this hurt
then the congregation all stood up and sang the saddest song that she ever heard
then they handed her a folded up flag and
she held on to all she had left of him oh and what could’ve been
and then guns rang one last shot and it felt like a bullet in her heart'


I didn't even have enough strangth to turn off the radio. All I could do was cry my eyes out again. The pain flared in my chest and I had to wrap my arms around my torso. I tried to quench the pain as I tried to constrict myself but, of course, it doesn't work.

I missed Travis so much. It felt like he took my heart to the grave with him, and I was never going to get it back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took me forever.

Sorry it's short!!!!

It's just been crazy!!!

BTW, the song is JUST A DREAM by CARRIE UNDERWOOD