Status: Spotty

Say the Last Goodbye

XxX 20 XxX

2 weeks

Katie's P.o.V.

That night when I had come out of my delusional stupor, and Brian had been there, I had never felt that safe in a long time. And the week following that night was the best ever.

Brian and I were practically inseparable. We went to the beach, clubbing, and had amazing sex. (Along with an amazing breakfast the next day.) Brian would always fall asleep holding me tightly and I would bask in the way he made me felt.

...But now, here I was, standing in the middle of my bare living room with just a few boxes left to put in mytruck. I stared blankly at my phone waiting for Bri to text me. Call me. Anything that would help me know that he wouldn't abandon me now, no matter how mad he got at me.

Still, no proof that he even existed to me at the moment.

Slowly I sank to the floor, once again, feeling like I was grappling for my sanity. This was my entire fault too... I had talked to my mom just days earlier and accidently let it slip that I had a major break down. She begged for me to come home; even if it was just for a bit.

I resisted... until she told me that my grandpa had cancer. That was the main reason she had called me but then things had changed when she found out that I freaked out.

My grandpa was one of the closest people to me and he was actually the one to first meet and approve of Travis. Plus, my grandpa was a very respectable, good-natured, and godly man.

I had started to cry when I heard this. I cried even harder when I heard that he wouldn't take any chemo therapy because he was ready to go Home.

I didn't even think anything over twice when I started moving. My apartment was on sale and half my things packed up when I finally told Tanya. She cried but understood and told me that she would hope that I would come back soon.

Brian was a little more difficult. He actually came over a couple of days after I talked to Tanya to surprise me, but then he saw that boxes. Brian's happy face turned into shock, then confusion, and then finally hurt. I tried to explain to him through the tears but he just stayed silent and left me there in the hallway.

My heart ached with incredible sorrow as I remembered the pained expression of his. I never intended to hurt him. I was going to tell him immediately after I talked to Tanya but I was a coward. I was scared at how he would react. I thought that he would get angry with me but the silent treatment was killing me.

I rested my head on the floor and took a deep breath before getting up and hauling the last few boxes down to my truck.

I climbed up into the driver's seat, checked my phone one last time, and then set off for Minnesota.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry it took forever :(