Status: Spotty

Say the Last Goodbye

XxX 4 XxX

“Yeah! You started to try and fuck some guy at the party last night then you cried because you thought I was mad at you.”

“No fucking way! I started to try and fuck someone???”

“No, I’m just messing with ya.” She walked in with a glass and two Tylenol. “But you did start crying.”

“You should know I get emotional when I’m drunk! Thank you.” I took the Tylenol and washed it down with half the glass of water.

“You drank a bottle of Jack Daniels.”

“Ya sure that that was all? Usually I don’t get drunk from that stuff easily.”

“”You might’ve had a Captain Morgan and some beer but I don’t know. You kind of wandered off for a while.”

“Sorry…” I mumbled before standing and stretching. “What time is it?”

“1:30.”

“Fuck! I had an interview today!” I groaned.

“What time did you have to go?”

“…9:00…”

“You’re dumb.”

“I know.” I sighed. “Shower?”

“Sure. I made spaghetti by the way.”

“Not very hungry.” I turned away and went to the small bathroom.

{###}

I slipped on my aviators and walked to my apartment kitchen. I had to go to work in an hour. As I browsed through my fridge, my phone vibrated. I looked to see that my older brother, Austin texted me.

What time do you work at the bar/restaurant tonight?

9 - 2. Why?

I’m going to bring you a bunch of business.

My mind instantly pictured a bunch of Austin’s work buddies. Austin worked on a construction site and traveled frequently after each job. I hardly saw him except for around the holiday seasons and occasional I go see him at certain places.

Who?

You’ll find out.

I groaned. Fishing out my water bottle and grabbing my purse, I walked to go get my keys. With a jingle I left my apartment. The sun was setting as I drove down the streets in my 2008 Ford truck.

I pulled into the parking lot of Setting Sun Bar. With my short faded shorts comfortable and my plaid shirt tightly hugging my body, I strutted into the front doors with my A7x purse in my hand.

A few “wolf-whistles” erupted from the regulars and I just gave a sweet smile. Putting my stuff in the employees back room I went to man the bar.

“Hey honey!!!” I looked up to see the familiar face of my older brother.

“You need a shave.”

“You know I look sexy!”

“Ick! Now who did you bring?”

Austin came easily to the bar. We quickly leaned towards each other and embraced. He gave me a bear hug which I obviously missed.

“I brought a bunch of the regular work buddies and a few other friends that I bumped into near the work site.”

“I’ll see if I can get waitress duty for the beginning of the night so I can wait on your guys’ table!”

“Alright sis!”

I gave a quick smile before disappearing into my boss’s office.

“Mr. Hardwick?” I asked before fully entering.

“Yes Ms. Clyde, what is it?” He didn’t bother look up from the paper work he was doing

“Can I start off on waitress duty tonight?”

“Sure.”

“Thanks.”

Well that was easy.

I went into the kitchen and grabbed my apron. Exiting I saw my brother laughing at Kyle-?- and a few other people. Before I got within a few feet, I saw the unmistakable fedora. “Ah fuck!” I muttered.

Plastering a smile on my face, I walked over. Multiple construction workers all whistled when they saw me.

“Hey Kyle, Jason, Jeremy, Gary, Paul, and Andy! I haven’t seen you guys in forever.” I instantly ignored Brian and forced myself not to gape at the Avenged Sevenfold Band members.

I immediately remembered all the girlfriends names. After being given a few unneeded introductions from the band members and giving a few hugs, I made the stance to start taking orders. Brian’s eyes never left me.

“Four Budweiser’s, three Micgoldens, and four Heinekens.” I repeated to make sure. “What would the lady’s like?”

“I’ll have a Golden Tang.” Val said easily.

“Same for me.” Gena stated.

“I’ll have a Piña Colada.” Lacey gave me a smile.

“Budweiser.” Leana gave a laugh.

“Umm…I’ll have Appletini.” Michelle stated eagerly.

“Coming right up.” As I walked away I could feel someone’s eyes burning into my back. “Hey Rachael! I need these drinks.”

“Easy enough.” Rachael, the current bartender, started to set the drinks on a platter for me.

I skillfully walked back to the large table with the drinks. Handing out the multiple drinks I got a few “thank you” And many smiles.

I smiled before walking away to tend to other tables.

{###}

By eleven o’clock, my feet started to ache in my heels. I decided to man the bar being that the restaurant was now closed.

Rachael gave me a welcoming smile as I easily started the rhythm of serving drinks.
♠ ♠ ♠
=) comment