Joey

Her Bad Feeling

“You’re homework this weekend is to finish what we did not get done in class today.” The bell rang and the last class of the day was finally over.

Joey and Gia got out of their desks and grabbed their books. They walked out of the building and over to his car. They drove through town, following their friends’ cars to the local diner.

“So Billy’s having that party tonight. You wanna go?” Joey asked Gia as they turned into the parking lot.

She shrugged. “Not really. Plus my dad doesn’t want me going to one of his parties. Last time he had one my dad had to pump a kid’s stomach.”

Joey sighed. “Come on, Gee. Live a little! I know you love your dad…I love him to. And respect him. But I’ll be there. Trust me…nothing will happen.”

She bit her lip and stared at him, trying to think. “I’ll think about it.”

He parked, pulled her face to his and kissed her forehead. “Thank you.”

She nodded and they went inside. They found their friends and slid into the booth. They stayed for a while, until four-thirty, and then Joey took her home to get ready for the party she had finally given in to. She walked in the door and went up to her room. She threw her bag on the chair by the window, and laid down on her bed.

“Why do I have a bad feeling about this?” She said aloud.

“Bad feeling about what?”

She lifted just her head and saw her dad standing in the doorway.

“Nothing.” She lied, and she knew that he knew she was.

He walked in and sat on the edge of her bed. “Ok even you know I don’t believe that. Now spill.”

She put her head back down and sighed. “I am going out with Joey tonight. I just have a bad feeling. But I don’t know why or about what.”

Landon nodded. “Well just be careful and don’t worry about it. I’m sure everything will be fine. You know Joey will take care of you.”

Gia nodded and continued to stare at the ceiling. “I am working tonight. I will be home kind of late so don’t wait up, but be back by curfew.” Then he left the room and a little while later she got up and started to get ready.

Finally Joey was pulling into the driveway. Landon had already left for his shift and so after locking the door, Gia ran to the car.