First to Say, Last to Know

You were the first to say...

She just walked away. Why didn't she tell me
And where do I go tonight. This isn't
Happening to me. This can't be happening to me
She didn't say a word. Just walked away


Addison held in the tears threatening to fall as she walked away from the sleeping form of the only man she had ever loved. She knew he was the only one she would ever love as well. But she had to protect herself. The child in her stomach, she needed to protect both herself and the little life whom she was responsible for. But she couldn’t do that with the life he was leading. Not now, not when there was someone after him, who would kill anyone he had to get to the man she was leaving.

You where the first to say. That we where not okay
You where the first to lie. When we where not alright
This was my first love. She was the first to go.
And when she left me for you. I was the last to know


Lord knows that she had tired to get him out of his life on the streets, out of the life of unpunished crime he proudly held. She had stopped after a while, and when he would ask her why she was in a foul mood, or what was making her so temperamental, she would lie and say it was nothing at all. Walking out the door of their apartment, it was killing her inside. But she had to protect her child first, herself second, and that meant returning to a home and a relationship that had long since forgotten Addison Monroe, one.

Why didn't she tell me. Where to go tonight
She didn't say word. She just walked away


She was silent, from getting out of bed, to leaving the apartment, even down to the ride to the airport. Addison couldn’t bear the pain she was in, it hurt so badly. She could see it in her mind, see him waking up and running around their small apartment, screaming her name. The note she had taped to their bathroom mirror, the pale brunette girl could see him taking it and reading it. Addison dropped into a chair of the waiting zone for her flight. She ran her fingers through her long, chocolate hair.

You where the first to say. That we where not okay
You where the first to lie
When we where. Not alright this was my
First love. She was the first to go
And when she. Left me for you
I was the last to know


As Addison sat in her chair, unable to relax. It was a two hour flight to Detroit and already a half hour through it she was rethinking her entire idea of leaving. Tugging at a strand of her hair she reminded herself that this was for the best. Maybe one day she could return to him, and her child could meet it’s father. She felt tears welling up in her eyes, but she shook it off and leant back, telling herself that she needed to sleep, and not to worry. That everything would work out. Wouldn’t it?

I'll be the First to say That now I’m okay
And for the first time I've opened up my eyes
This was my worst love You'll be the first to go
And when she leaves you for dead
You'll be the last to know


She was gone. That was all that could run through Billy’s head. The love of his life had left all because he was to stupid to pause for one moment and listen to her. He stared at the note. It was a physical reminder that he had screwed up, and now it was to late to fix. Billy heard his door creak open, and all he could guess was that now he had to tell his gang that Addison had left. He got up, but froze when he heard a soft voice call, “Billy?” Running to the front room, he saw Addison standing there, crying.
♠ ♠ ♠
I might turn this into a story. I'm not quite sure.

-Synder Ella