Jasey Rae

Just say when

How do you fall back into love? Love isn’t a thing to take so lightly. When you fall in love, you show someone the world, and when you break someone’s heart, you take it all away. That was exactly what Alex did to me. He showed me all that I could be. And then he just took it back. It was all gone, as though that part of me never even existed. When I was with him, I felt like I could fly, like I could do anything. We were as in love as any two people who would give the world for each other. But now my world came crashing down.

It was Friday night- mine and Alex’s one month anniversary actually. Happy anniversary to me… I couldn’t think straight the entire week. My eyes still ached from crying over Alex. Brooke and Allie had a tough time picking up the pieces, but they stuck around. Tonight I was alone though. I didn’t want to see anyone; I just wanted to be alone.
I was lying down on my bed curled up underneath the covers. It was raining again like the night Alex and I shared our first kiss. The memory stung my chest. My mind kept wandering. I wanted to know what Alex was doing, where he was, if he was still hurt. I missed him. I felt lost and lonely without him. I longed for him to bear his crooked smile that I liked to believe belonged to me. I wanted to hear his laugh again or hear him sing corny songs like he did when it got quiet. I wanted to fall back into love. I just didn’t know how.

I started to cry again. I didn’t know how you can from feeling so in-love, care free, and invincible to feeling so alone, miserable, and lost.

As I drew in a shallow breath, my lungs aching from my sobbing, I heard something from outside from my window.

Lights out, I still hear the rain,” I heard someone sing.

My crying softened as I grew confused and sat up. I could hear an angelic voice singing more heartfelt words accompanied by the gentle strumming of an acoustic guitar.

Don’t make this easy. I want you to mean it. Jasey, say you mean it. You’re dressed to kill, I’m calling you out. Don’t waste your time on me.

I heard my name. It was Alex. I looked out my rain-covered window. There he was, looking right at me. My heart began to soar at the sight of him. He looked absolutely ridiculous. He was soaking wet outside, singing in the middle of storm. This was the boy I still loved. I was sure of it. I still loved him.

I struggled to pry open my window. As soon as I pulled it open, I leaped out. The wet grass felt slippery under my bare feet as I ran to him. Alex stopped mid-song and dropped his guitar to the floor. I immediately collapsed into his arms and he embraced me tightly.

“I meant what I said Jasey Rae. I love you,” he said a bit loudly so I could hear him over the pouring rain.

“That song…What was it?” I asked, tears trickling from my eyes.

“It’s called Jasey Rae,” he said, “It’s yours if you want it.”

I felt an enormous swell of emotions in my chest and I began to cry even harder. But this time it was a good kind of crying.

“I mean it,” I yelled over the thunder.

“What?” he asked slightly confused.

“I mean it- every word. I love you too Alex and I mean it,” I said as I kissed him long and hard. He lifted me off the ground and I wrapped my legs around his waist. I smiled as I felt my sopping clothing cling to my body and laughed between each time his lips brushed against mine while he smiled the smile that was mine.

And this was it. This is my story. This was the girl who never let go and this was the boy who taught her how. And now they were together and this was how it would stay.

The End
♠ ♠ ♠
Any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of action based on above, is strictly prohibited.

© 2010 jadealexandra