Status: Finished!

Love Unbreakable

1/1

We’re your typical Romeo and Juliet, Steven and I. Only instead of feuding families, my parents are upper class, my mother’s a film producer and my father is a CEO of a billion dollar company. They want me to go to an ivy league college, to get a degree in law, and to make lots of money.

I’d rather not, my dreams for my life lie in music. Steven’s parents are divorced “middle class” as my parents remind me constantly. His parents however love me to death. His parents understand me and my dreams, but because of my parents, I am forbidden from being with Steven. They say Steven and his “trashy no good band” are bad influences on me.

It didn’t stop him from slipping in through my window night after night to be with me. He would hold me all through the night; my light that would guide me in my darkness. It didn’t stop me from sneaking out on the weekends to go and listen to his band play at crowded bars. Steven and I had a love that could not be matched.

People always told us that we were a cute couple and even if my parents tried to set me up with their richy friend’s kids, nothing could ever separate us. I couldn’t understand why my parents didn’t understand my love for that boy. The way he lit up my world and made me smile, how much more I laughed when he was around me, I was simply love struck. We had so many plans and dreams about our future together; at night we’d just lay in bed and whisper our plans to each other.

Then one night, everything changed in an instant. I’d told my parents I was going on a date with my mother’s friend’s son Michael, a total lie. I didn’t go with him but I did go out with Steven. I wouldn’t have gotten caught if Michael hadn’t had called to ask me to dinner while I was gone. Steven and myself had been enjoying our dinner when my father had shown up.

He grabbed me by the arm and threatened to get a restraining order if he didn’t stay away from me. Nothing I tried to say or plead, would change his mind and my mother was right beside him when he told her about the situation. They had kept me locked in the house under house arrest for the rest of the weekend, then they told me the only way to straighten me out was by sending me away from Steven, to an all girls boarding school.

I had had enough, I threw on the first dress I touched, which just happened to be Steven’s favorite yellow dress, ran my brush through my straight blond hair, and went out through my bed room window. I knew where he would be on a Sunday and that’s where I headed. My sandals slapped the ground as I walked down the dry pavement. I reached the guard rail that overlooked Gulden Park, a place that held concerts for local bands to play at, every Sunday.

“Steven!” I called. “Steven Garder!” I yelled, cupping my hands around my mouth to carry the sound.

He looked up and grinned as he took off at a sprint up the hill. “Daina,” he sighed. “I missed you so much baby.”

“Then shut up and kiss me,” I smirked. He placed his hands on mine as I leaned forward, our lips brushed softly before we both became more demanding.

“So beautiful,” he murmured as we pulled apart.

“Steven, they’re sending me t a boarding school,” I cried.

“No, they can’t.”

“They are,” I sighed.

He jumped the rail and landed on the ground in front of me, one knee on the soft side grass. “No, they can’t,” he said again. “Daina Nikos I love you more than life itself. Would you run away with me and become my wife?”

“Yeah! Woot woot, you go man!” One of his friends yelled.

I giggled as tears pricked at my eyes, “Oh Steven, I love you so much! Yes of course I will,” I smiled.

He jumped up and spun me in circles placing kisses all over my face. “Come on, the guys missed you.”

“Sure they did,” I agreed.

“I’ll get them to drive us to Vegas, I know it’s not the big wedding you dreamed of but-”

“It’ll be perfect,” I grinned, cutting him off.

“By tomorrow night, we’ll be happily together until death do us part,” he said as we swung our linked hands back and fourth.

“Nope, you’ll be stuck with me even after death,” I smirked.

“With pleasure,” he kissed our joined hands, “Forever yours love, forever yours.”