Status: Finished.

He's Dying to Get Inside

Breaking Everything You Seem to Love

Derek and Darcy watched Raylee walk into her house, the honey haired girl moved to the passenger's seat. The siblings shared a look, not wanting to go home and deal with the wrath of their parents, but they didn't have much of a choice. Darcy was some what relieved because at seven in the morning she could head to school and confide in her best friend.

The open door was supposed to symbolize welcoming and warmth but as Derek pulled into the driveway, that isn't what the teens felt, they felt dread and fright. The boy was about to pull out of the driveway and pay for a place to stay just to get out of this conversation, but he knew it would only make it worse.

Darcy stepped out of her brother's truck and waited for him to grab their backpacks, following him to the door from behind, as if he was a shield. When they walked through the door their parents walked out of the living room, as the teens looked, they noticed some of the books from the bookshelf were in boxes.

"It's a little late for spring cleaning," Derek joked trying to lighten the mood.

His father put his hand out, "Keys, you won't be needing your truck for the next few days."

"I know I'm grounded, but doesn't Darce need a ride to school?"

"No, you two will be packing up your things, buy Wednesday you should have everything packed up so it can go into the moving truck."

"Excuse me?" the girl asked her mom crossing her arms.

"We're moving, putting you into one of those teen mom shelters -- they can help you more than I'll be able too. We will all be moving closer to it, once you are released, you can move back in with us... or Alex. That boy will be marrying you, we couldn't work it into the agreement, but we will make him!"

"Dad," Derek said strictly, not caring anymore about staying in line, "Alex will not set foot in her life anymore than he has to, he will most definitely not be marrying her, I will not have it."

"You're not the parent, and watch how you talk to your father."

"I refuse to go!" Darcy cried clinging to her brother, "I will not go, I will not leave Raylee."

"You are, so just quiet, everything is worked out. We told the principal when you guys left the office, they already know today was your last day. No hand over your cellphones, they're of no use, we already canceled the numbers, maybe you can work for them back," their father said before pointing at the stairs, "work on your rooms first, than you'll be helping me with the basement Derek."

The teens went up the stairs, the girl following her brother into his room, "How can we get out of this?" she whispered after shutting his door.

"We can't, I don't have my keys and we can't run very far without them noticing."

"We could call someone," she looked where his house phone usually was and ran through their connected bathroom to her room, her phone was missing too.

He followed her, "Darce, we're stuck."

She wrapped her arms around him and cried into his chest, "We can't even tell her, she's going to think we hate her. Der, I won't even have you with me, I'll be with complete strangers who are as hormonal as I am."

"I'm going to get a job," he said lowly into her ear, "when you get out, we're going to get away, we'll move back here. I'll be nice to Alex during his visits and everything so you don't have the baby taken away. I'm supposed to protect you, I failed once, I won't do it again."

"Promise?" she asked looking up at him with wet eyes.

"Yes, now work on your room before they start yelling at us, we don't need to make anything worse. Just do your clothes and light stuff, I'll do all the heavy stuff for you." Derek kissed the top of her had and walked back into his room and started to pack his things.

~x~

Derek walked into his sister's room and covered her mouth, her eyes opened, searching the darkness for the figure that was keeping her quiet. When she spotted him, she relaxed and he dropped his hand. She rolled onto her side and patted the bed by her knees so he could sit.

"I heard mom and dad talking, I think they're keeping something us."

"Like what?" Darcy asked, her voice just as soft as his.

"I have no idea, but I know it's not good. I think they don't plan on letting you have that baby, did they give you anything weird today?"

"They tried to give me this pill, but I threw it up, momma seemed mad, probably because it was on the rug."

"Don't be so sure," he scratched his head, "I wonder if there really is a school, or they just want to lose the Gaskarths?"

She shrugged, "I don't want to get to stressed out, it's not good for the baby. All I know is that we can't help what's happening, they're making sure that there isn't a thing we can do."

He put his hand on her stomach.

"You won't be able to feel it yet, it's way too soon."

He frowned, "I'm going to try to go back to bed, sorry I woke you."

She hugged him, "It's okay, it shows that you love me even though I've done nothing but hurt you. I'm so sorry Derek, I shouldn't have made everything so hard on you, I'm sorry I got us into this mess."

"You didn't plan it, they did."
♠ ♠ ♠
A short chapter, I just wanted you all to see that Derek and Darcy didn't leave Raylee without telling her by choice. I start my new school tomorrow, so I don't know how that will go or how much work they're going to give me -- but I promise that I'll update as soon as I can.

I started the sequel to 'Are We Cursed to This Life?' in case any of you were reading it and didn't get the e-mail. If you like Jalex fan fictions with semi-original story lines you should check it out if you haven't, I would really appreciate it :)