Status: Finished.

He's Dying to Get Inside

I'll Take Your Hope, Your Love, Your Dreams

Dulaney's hallways started to become empty as the warning bell rang, but regardless of what time it was, Jack and Alex walked around at a slow pace. The teachers favored them, even though they didn't pay that much attention in class -- it was like the teachers wanted their taste with popularity since they didn't have it when they were in high school.

The lanky boy's eyes fell on one of the freshman, a smile spread on his face as he handed his books to his friend and approached the smaller boy. He put a hand on the freshman and pushed him against the wall, not too forcefully, but enough to frighten him.

"Hiya," Jack smiled at him, "did you get the paper I asked you to?"

"Yes. Do you know how hard it was for me to get?" the scrawny boy dug into his stuffed backpack, handing the paper to the senior before running off to class before the late bell rang.

"What's that?" Alex asked walking over to him, leaning against the lockers, holding his friend's books out.

"It's a list of all the girls in school."

The coffee haired boy arched his brows, waiting for a reason.

"Oh you couldn't have forgotten already Alex. Remember that bet I made with you last year, that you couldn't sleep with every girl before we graduate; well, I decided that I should get a list so we can cross off who you've done, and who you need to."

"You're taking this to seriously," he replied, exchanging the paper for the books.

The late bell rang, as the boys looked down at that paper. They started to walk towards their class, ignoring the people who were running for their classes, afraid they might get detention. They walked into the class room, the paper now in Alex's pocket.

"I don't think I am, a bet is a bet."

"So I have to sleep with the nobodies too? That isn't fair."

"You'll find away, somehow, these girls find you so alluring. If you don't want to do it, you don't have to... you'll just have to wear a dress and heels at our next big performance."

"I'm not doing that," Alex shook his head, "I'll see how many people I have left, maybe we can make a compromise."

"No!"

"Boys," the teacher warned, "the class is this way."

"Uh yeah, sorry."

Alex sunk in his seat as he pulled out the paper, running his red pen over the names of the people he'd slept with. He wasn't sure if Jack would ask them, so he didn't take his chances by crossing out random people to give himself a head start. The coffee haired boy shifted through the list when he finished, he had several months to sleep with half of the female population in his school; and as he looked at these names, he felt overwhelmed, because he had no idea who half of them were.

~x~

Raylee walked out of the girls bathroom, adjusting her bag on her shoulder as Darcy followed her. They were on their way to Darcy's bus, so they could have their annual sleep over (they had one every month). Ray dropped the books in her hand when someone rounded the corner carelessly, as she went to pick up her books, the person who hit her ducked down to get them for her.

Alex stood back up and handed her her books, Darce stood there with a helpless smile on her face as she took in the popular boy from up close. He placed his hands on the wavy haired girl's shoulder.

"Are you okay? Sorry I bumped into you, I was in a rush."

"I'm fine," she pulled away and started to walk forward, but stopped when she realized her friend wasn't following her. "Darcy!"

She caught up and let out a sigh, "How could you just walk away from that? Alex Gaskarth was talking to you. I don't get you sometimes, he's the most popular boy in school."

"And I don't get why you care so much about that," she replied with a coy look. "I don't need to understand your logic, and you don't need to understand mine -- so let's not force ourselves to, alright?"

"Sure. But it's Alex," she continued, "I would understand if it were Marcel, you know, the quarter back. I could brush him of but-"

"Drop it, or I'm taking my bus home."

"You've been so rude today," Darcy remarked, as they walked out into the courtyard.

"I'm just sick of hearing about Alex, you don't even know him. If you had classes with him or you hung out with him, I could understand why you see him so highly. But to hear all about someone we don't know -- and probably won't ever hang out with -- is a waste of time."

"So much for dropping it."

Raylee rolled her eyes, "I'm going home, maybe we can re-schedule this sleep over for next week."

"It's always the third Friday of the month."

"I'll call you later," she replied, jogging towards her bus so it wouldn't leave without her.
♠ ♠ ♠
I liked the first chapter more, it would help if I actually had ideas - the only ideas I had was for the first chapter... Anyway. Let me know what you think. Thanks for subscribing, the 13 of you who did. And the 40 who read, thank you too :)