Status: Finished.

He's Dying to Get Inside

I Am the Hero to You, You Are the Villain to Me

Raylee sat at the lunch table with the salad Alex had gotten her, turned away from Kara who was sitting across from her. The two were watching the boys talk to a few of their classmates a few tables away. The brunette sighed, flattening her straight hair before picking up a french fry.

"So what happened the other night? I thought you said you guys kissed."

"We did," the curly haired girl turned back around, "it meant something to me; I guess not him. He spent the whole day so eager to tell me something, and when I asked him what it was he kissed me. I don't get it Kar."

"Maybe he's nervous."

"About what? I'm the last girl he should be nervous with, I should be nervous about him; he's the one with a record not me. He just probably doesn't want people to know, he may not be the same person, but he's still popular."

"Raylee, I don't think it's like that."

"Then I have no idea why he's avoiding me, I don't know if I should do the same to him whenever he comes back around to give him a taste of his own medicine."

"I would. I mean, he has done everything you've asked, you should erase the last of his rudeness."

Her hazel eyes were set on the greens in front of her, she could tell from the fact that he got it that he did care to some extent. She stabbed the plastic fork into a cucumber and let the handle drop as she buried her face in her hands out of frustration.

"I promised myself I wouldn't get like this again."

"You know what else it could be, Ray?" Kara said softly as she caught the singer's worried look toward them.

"Hm?"

"Alex told me how much it bothered him when you ran towards Derek, he might be afraid that he'll lose you next year. He won't be in school with you everyday; the band could be doing something or he could be going to the college he got accepted into."

"If he makes an equal effort to keep me in his life, than he'll never lose me; I don't plan on going anywhere."

"Shh, he's coming over here."

The girls started up a random conversation about taking their dogs for a walk at the same time. Alex didn't seem to have any suspicion with what they were saying, he just took his usual seat next to Ray. As soon as his butt touched the seat, she stood up, walking to the farthest trash can and throwing out her lunch, taking her time to get back to the table.

When she sat back down, she placed her hand over her bag and looked at Kara, "Are you ready to go?"

The girl nodded in return, picking up her tray and her own purse and following the smaller girl out of the cafeteria. Alex furrowed his brows at her actions, returning back to his friends.

"Next time you should think twice about getting a dog for a girl that likes you and kissing her, only to leave and not explain things fully; and the next day, you avoid her," Rian shook his head as he spoke, "you upset Ray."

"Should I go after her?"

"I'm not apart of your relationship, it's just you two, you guys make your own choices. I've been against this from the start, I'm sorry bro, I know you've changed, but I cannot stand to see her hurt."

"Yeah, me neither," Alex walked out of the cafeteria, his binder in hand as he headed towards the library, guessing she would be there.

When he found the two girls, he took a seat next to the one with curly hair, wrapping his arm around her waist so she couldn't get out of the chair. She looked at him to tell him to get off of her but got caught up in his eyes, he took that to his advantage and grasped her chin so she couldn't look away.

"I'm sorry."

"It's going to take a lot more than that," from the corner of her eye she saw her friend standing up, "Kara, where are you going?"

"You two talk it out, you don't need an extra wheel."

As she left the area the boy started to speak again, "Then what is it going to take?"

"Groveling."

"In public, that's asking a lot from me," he replied with a slight chuckle, but her expression didn't change. "I'm sorry for leaving after we kissed, but I had to clean up the house before my parents got home. And for not picking you up this morning, Jack's car wouldn't start, so I had to bring them, there wasn't room."

"And lunch?"

"We were discussing the end of the year party I'm supposed to throw, graduation is in three weeks, I have to have it next weekend so everyone can attend."

"Three weeks," Raylee repeated, zoning out a little.

"What's wrong?"

She closed her eyes so he couldn't see the pain wrote in the golden speckles of her hazel eyes, "I don't want things to change, we just got here."

"Nothing is going to change, I promise."
♠ ♠ ♠
READ -- IMPORTANT: Why you won't see an update for at least a month.
Okay, so here is what's going to happen. I am not going to write a sequel; I'm just going to continue it on this story. Sequels generally take place a couple years later, but this is going to just continue on, so I don't see a point in making a whole new story.
I will still be asking someone to write the rest of it with me, this is the last chapter that I am going to write before someone is added, the next chapter will be my co-writer, their official start. Now, if you are entering and have already started, don't worry there is no rush, and don't worry about what happens, just follow the guideline. When it comes time and I pick a winner, I'll update you on the full details and give you a week to rewrite your update.