Status: Finished.

He's Dying to Get Inside

Painting My Tragedy, Singing My Tragedy

The week dragged on as it remained full of familiar routine, the only difference was the final exams that teachers were giving towards the end of the week. The group of friends took their half-days to heart, renting movies and playing games just to spend as much time together as they could before the four boys went on tour. Raylee was starting to get antsy without Alex's arm around her or his lips to her own or her cheek; she was getting jittery as she thought about him being hours away from her on display to millions of girls in little clothing.

The brunette leaned against the arm of the lounge chair in Alex's room, her legs dangled over the other arm as she sat on her boyfriend's lap. Across from them, were Kara and Rian, she watched intently as the couple continued to act as close as they usually did. There didn't seem to be a panic about the separation that was nearing; they acted maturely for their age, Raylee thought. She knew she wanted to do more with Alex, if it wasn't for her morals or the fact that they recently became an item.

"You alright?"

She looked up to find brown eyes examining her, "Yeah, I'm fine."

"You're not watching the movie."

"I'm not really that interested in it," Ray shrugged, "we've seen it several times. What are we going to do when it's over?"

"Well, we need to go shopping for the party. We've finally finished the list, we need graduation favors and food... Or we could do something else."

She didn't answer, she just snuggled up to him and closed her eyes. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed the top of her head. Alex set his eyes back on the movie, knowing that he was equally frustrated that they were spending one of their last nights watching a movie with their friends and not having a romantic evening.

~x~

Raylee followed Kara into the back seat of her brother's car, she waved at Alex just before the car started to pull away. The two girls remained silent, hearing the music but not listening to the radio. The pale girl cleared her throat and turned to her friend, her words didn't file out as awkward as they'd sounded in her mind.

"How are you taking the whole being away from Rian thing?"

"It's weird, we were inseparable even before we started going out... But I trust him, I know he won't cheat on me or lie if he does something wrong that could affect our friendship or couple-relationship."

"How is he taking it?"

"He feels the same as me, we talked about it the other day over the phone. I'm guessing from your questions and curiosity, you and Alex aren't taking it so well. You're a new couple, it's understandable. Rian will make sure that your boyfriend stays in his place, you don't even need to ask that of him. If things with Alex doesn't work out, Jack would probably dump his girl in a heart beat for you."

Raylee smile to herself, "I know Jack would, but I just want to be with Alex. He doesn't seem to have a problem with all of this, or at least he's keeping it all in. I am afraid that without me there, he's going to run wild and take advantage of all the girls and free alcohol."

"I don't think Alex will go back to that," the girl paused as her brother stopped the car, "he told Rian that he doesn't want to hurt you, so I think he's going to be fine."

"Well, thanks for the advice and ride."

"I'll see you at the party tomorrow night, do you need help getting ready?"

"I've got it covered, thanks Kara.

~x~

Alex fixed the sheets on his bed before walking over to his night stand, he lit the candles and let out a nervous laugh before turning away from them. He threw on a grey button up shirt over his white tee shirt, he pulled on dark jeans and shut his door before going downstairs. He walked around the middle floor adjusting the decorations, when the band arrived, he made them place the food out on the tables.

"What should I do?" Ray asked.

He turned to look at her as she pulled her jacket off. She looked even better in the cardigan and tank top then he remembered, as she felt his eyes on her she pulled her shorts down. He smiled softly at her and took her hand.

"You can accompany my side all night."

"I want to help though--"

He waved his hand to quiet her, "Fine, how about you pick a few CDs to play? I have faith that we've taught you well. When you're done, find me."

Raylee went to ask him why but he walked away. She ended up shrugging and going into the living room. She shuffled through the pile of CDs and placed the ones she liked into the multi-player radio; after pressing play, she twisted the dial until it wouldn't go any further. The girl turned around, her eyes instantly fell on all of the people who entered the room through the patio.

Her eyes searched for Alex, but she couldn't find him. She crossed her arms, she wasn't really in the mood for a game; she just wanted to be with him as much as possible. The girl grabbed her friend's arm and spun her around to face her.

"Have you seen--"

"Upstairs in his room," Kara said somewhat bluntly, "it's not much of a game if you don't look. I wouldn't go up there if I were you."

"Why?"

"I know that you plan on saving yourself for marriage, and you know how Alex is... It's sweet that he wants your last night to be special, but I don't want you to do something you're going to regret."

Raylee wrapped her arms around her friend, "Thank you."

The brunette took the stairs as quickly as she could without causing herself to get unsteady or draw attention to herself. She walked up to his door before taking a deep breath and knocking, she stepped inside and looked around in the darkness. When she looked toward his bed she noticed the flicker of the candle; she closed her eyes when she realized how dead on Kara had been.

Ray jumped slightly when she heard the door behind her close, her boyfriend wrapped his arms around her from behind as he kissed her neck. She shivered under his touch, causing him to smile. He took her head and pulled her towards his bed, pressing his lips against hers.

It didn't take long for Alex to brush back the cardigan and pick his girlfriend up. He laid her against the sheets of his bed and her head resting against his pillow, the whole time their lips remained attached. As he ran his fingers along the exposed part of her leg, she readied herself to push him away.

She felt her skin turn into pins and needles as her sequined tank top started to rise, she pulled away from him. Ray caught her breathe before she opened her eyes and looked up at him. As she moved to sit up, her leg moved against him, she could tell from what she felt that he was going to be angry.

"I'm sorry, Alex."

"No, don't be. I was kind of expecting it, and I shouldn't expect you to change for me, I only changed for you."

She brushed back his hair and kissed his forehead, "I asked you to stop being a person with no morals, and you're asking me to start being what I despise."

"I just--"

"I'm not that person, I care for you with all of my heart but that's just not me."

He looked up at her and kissed her softly, running his hands up and down her back. He ran a hand through his hair before looking back at her, shaking his head.

"I love you, Raylee. I'm not going to force you to do anything you don't want to. Maybe in time we'll see eye to eye about this, only time will tell," he got off his bed and blew the candle out, "I'll see you downstairs."
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologize for two things: 1) if this seems choppy, I wrote it in parts and 2) sorry it took a couple days to put up, I have a lot of review packets to do and I have to do all of this stuff for colleges before my senior year. Regardless of that, I hope that everyone enjoyed the chapter...