Status: Finished.

He's Dying to Get Inside

You Keep Trying to Resolve the Past

A bright blue sky held few clouds on that afternoon, by Raylee paid no mind to that as she walked across Baltimore. She ignored the ports she always dazed at as she headed towards the park. The only thing on her mind was if she was making the right choice by showing up, she had a strong feeling that she shouldn't go. Her curly hair caught in the light breeze, causing her to zone back into reality.

Ray brushed down her father's Stanford shirt so that it would cover her waist and took a deep breathe. As she entered the park, she realized she had no idea what she was looking for. Not even twenty steps into the park, she noticed the picnic basket on a table cloth; the only way she knew it was Alex's was because of the guitar. She took a couple steps forward, swallowing her pride.

But something caused her to freeze.

Alex's normal coffee hair was now a lighter shade, it almost looked blond from all of his highlights. That wasn't what caused her to pause, what did was what he was doing. The teenager was bent over, his fingers being held by a baby boy as he helped it walk from the sidewalk to the picnic area.

A disapproving glare filled her once dazed expression. How dare he! she thought pivoting on her heel, Trying to win me over with his child, knowing how much I love babies. As she walked under the archway to leave the park she let out a huff, not even knowing how he managed to get his baby back to begin with. She was happy for him, but that wasn't the way he was going to win her over.

~x~

"He did what?"

"I know right," the girl's pitch matched Lisa's, "he should show me he loves me, not show me how cute his kid came out and remind me of Derek and Darcy."

"Wow."

Raylee pulled at one of her curls, trying to make it straight, "Do you think I should stop trying to go along with him and just block him out?"

"I thought you didn't like him anymore?"

"Well I don't but-"

"Then no buts Ray, Alex isn't worth it. You'll find someone who is perfect for you in a couple months when you are at college. Someone who is on your level and won't hurt you."

"I hope you're right."
♠ ♠ ♠
No idea guys, seriously.

I'm so psyched that this story has gone on for so long and that all of you have stuck through it with me. We've, my co-writer and I, already discussed what's going to happen. I'll give the story 15 chapters more tops.