Status: Finished.

He's Dying to Get Inside

Not Love, but Looks and Charm

Alex played with the cloth napkin that laid under his silverware as he anxiously waited for the waitress to come and take their order. Across from him, Holly was reading over the menu. Anyone that took a glance at her and knew Raylee could easily see why Alex chose her to move on with. She had a similar appearance; Holly's naturally straight brown hair got curled every morning, she only wore natural colored makeup to highlight her features, she wore a basic wardrobe that was in fashion (nothing too flashy), and she had a knack with words.

The girl brushed a curl over her ear, causing him to watch her with intensity. Holly smiled back at her boyfriend, feeling a warmth flood over her body. She was completely clueless that he didn't care much for her, she was under the impression that she was everything he was looking for... And she was, just not the same girl he'd found those qualities in from the start. Alex did like her a lot, but she would never be Raylee. She was the closest he could get, so he would make himself love her.

"Good evening, I'm Martha. Could I start you guys off with a drink?"

Alex looked up, the teen's voice has broken his distant thoughts, "Uh yes, I would like a coke."

"Same here."

"Would you like to hear tonight's specials?" the girl asked as she wrote on her pad.

"Holly?"

"I know what I want, Alex. I'd like the spicy chicken pasta, and a small house salad."

"I'll have the steak," Gaskarth replied to the waitress's glance.

As Martha walked away he found himself staring at the napkin again. He had never witnessed Holly eating a meal without meat in it, that was probably the only major difference between the girls. He looked at his date as she tried to figure out why he was being to so quite, That and the fact that she'll sleep with you, he thought glumly.

"Is everything alright?" Holly reached for his hand, "I know we've only been going out for a few weeks and you're already going on tour. But you can trust me, I'm all yours, no one else will step into the picture while you are away."

He smiled, "I'm just a little spaced today, is all."

"Okay, you had me a little worried there. I thought you might want to break up with me or something with that look on your face."

Alex arched a brow.

"Confused... Distant... You just don't seem happy to be here."

"I am Holly, I promise."

~x~

Raylee tightened her robe and stared into the mirror as she tied her hair into a bun, as she started to brush her teeth, Kara walked up beside her and followed the same steps. That was one thing the taller girl was grateful for; by going to college close to home, she had her own personal shower, she didn't have to go into a big room and bathe in front of people.

The girls walked back to the room in silence, feeling a little awkward. Ray changed in the small bathroom her dorm had, it consisted of a toilet, sink, and mirror. Kara knocked on the door when she finished changing into her pajamas. The two sat down on the galaxy patterned bed and huddled up next to each other to watch a scary movie on Raylee's laptop.

"I miss this," Kara whispered as the screen started to show the opening credits.

"Yeah me too. I only knew you for like two years before we graduated, but I feel closer to you than I did with Darcy."

She wrapped and arm around her friend as the movie started, "I feel close to you too, even though you're across the country."

Raylee bit her lip as the music signified that something was about to happen, she could feel the girl next to her tense up as well. A figure jumped out of the darkness and ran at the screen, holding up a weapon as it chased one of the characters. The girls stifled their screams with in each other's shoulders.

"So how are things at home, with the guys and all?" Ray asked as she shut the laptop almost two hours later.

"It's all fine. I said my good-byes to them before I came to visit you, they're going on tour again. It's hard not having anyone around anymore, Lisa is always busy going to runways for her fashion classes."

She cleared her throat, "So how's this Holly?"

"I was waiting for you to ask," Kara said smiling, "I know you're over Alex, but I knew it just had to be on your mind. To be honest, we all feel awkward around her."

"Why?"

"Because she's you."

Raylee made a face at her friend, not really understanding.

"No one is quite sure if Alex realizes it, but this girl is so much like you. If I was blindfolded and you guys had the same voice, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. She isn't you though Ray, no one can replace you."

"We can't be exactly the same," she protested.

"Well no. She eats meat, curls her hair, and doesn't seem that interested in space."

The girl pouted at the word space, she missed her old room. Her walls were covered in posters about the planets and different galaxies. The ceiling was covered in tiny reflecting stars and the planets were aligned around her yellow-orange sun lamp; both of her ex's helped her set it up... But it still felt like home to her.

"I don't talk to her much, it's just creepy."

"Has anyone told her?"

Kara shrugged, "It's only been a few weeks, we're not sure how long she's going to stick around. I don't know if Alex has straightened himself out yet or not, he was bummed out when you lift, Ray, and we didn't see him for like a month. Then, when he pops back up on the map and is willing to talk to us, Holly is on his arm."

"Whatever, I don't know why I asked."

"You're too good for him, don't let yourself get all wrapped up in him again, okay?"

"Okay."
♠ ♠ ♠
If you cannot tell, I am clueless and out of ideas. I just have the ending one in mind... and I'm sure you all want a few more before it ends.