You're No Good At Lying

Chapter IX

“Zack!” Spencer called the next day, spotting him suddenly as he walked through the tour grounds with Alex and Rian. The trio stopped, with Zack glancing around as to where the voice was coming from. “Over here,” she called again, and finally he saw her standing behind the merch booth. Spencer looked left, and looked right, before running over to where Zack was standing with his arms crossed over his chest. “Can I talk to you?” She asked quietly, glancing behind him to see that Rian and Alex were looking at them with amused expressions on their faces.

“You’re talking now, aren’t you?” He retorted, and Spencer felt her insides jump just a little bit.

“I’m sorry, Zack,” she said, looking down at the dirt ground under them. “I’m sorry I got mad at you, and I’m sorry I didn’t appreciate our…” she paused, finding the ability to say what she knew she needed to say, “moment.”

“I forgive you,” Zack answered after a seconds pause. Spencer just shook her head.

“No you don’t. Your jaw is clenched and you’re not smiling. You always smile at me when I apologize.” Zack sighed in response, before pulling Spencer into a tight embrace. She didn’t realize how much she missed the feeling of being in his arms until she was finally in them again. “I know when you’re lying to me. You’re no good at lying.” She muttered into his chest.

“I forgive you, Spencer.” He repeated softer, and this time, Spencer believed him. “Sometimes it sucks having a mind reader as a girlfriend,” he joked lightly before tilting her head up and connecting their lips.

Spencer smiled as they separated from the kiss. “I’m not a mind reader,” she quietly insisted.

“Could’ve fooled me,” Zack replied before leaning down for another kiss that made Spencer weak in the knees.

“Hate to break up the moment,” Rian cut in, and both Zack and Spencer turned to face him.

“Yeah,” Alex chirped, “’cause it’s so cute and all.”

“But we have a show to get to,” he finished, and Zack glanced back down at Spencer. He mouthed ‘sorry’ to her, and she accepted his apology by kissing him with as much passion as she could muster up.

“Come visit me after?” She asked, refusing to let go of his hand until he responded.

“Definitely,” he replied, and Spencer sighed from relief. “One day,” he whispered in her ear, sending shivers up her spine, “I’m going to convince your band to let you stop working for a few minutes so you can come watch one of our shows.” Too distracted by his breath on her ear, Spencer could only nod happily. Zack chuckled before kissing her on the cheek and exiting with his friends. Spencer was left feeling happy and chipper, like nothing had ever happened.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?