Status: IN PROGRESS

The Soldier's Side

The Commander: Watchful Eyes

The low growl of the engine straining suddenly knocked the young adventurer from his sleep. He looked around the dark transport truck and with a groan stood up stretching out his limbs from the long journey
"Looks like you finally woke up. Good we are almost there anyway" The voice came from one of the soldier in the transport truck.Outside the truck the caved in skeletons of building and buisnesses could be seen some smoking some on fire and some laying there dead and empty. The truck suddenly stoped and everyone rushed out into the bright orange sun. All around them was a scene that perfectly resembled a warzone with fires raging and people running around crazily like a chicken without a head. It took Markus a few moments to take in this horrific sight then snapping back to reality he turned to one of the soldiers "Lead the way.".
Day passed to night as the lone adventurer traveled with his group of soldier through this war torn land. One night as Markus lay awake in his tent with only the darkness of the night around him a faint noise caught his attention. He tried to peer into the darkness to no avail and consoled himself saying it was only some local animals. Tap Tap Tap the sound whent again rythmically this time but unmistakable.
"Who is there?" Markus called softly into the darkness when there was no reply he mentally gave himself a kick.
"Making monsters of the wind..come on Markus snap out of it" He grumbled protestingly to himself.
Laying back down and closing his eyes he tryed to let sleep over take him when suddenly he head a choked yelp and horrific gurgling noise
"Hello! Is anybody there?!?!" He said frantically bursting out of the tent.
It was from the darkness that the figure of David one of the soldiers appeared.
"Ooo David hey!" Markus said a bit embarassed "hey did you perhaps hear a tapping noise before? I'm starting to think I'm going crazy"
The body of David suddenly fell foreward lifeless and blood suddenly poured like a stream from the corpse. In front of Markus was the animalistic looking grin of a man.The knife gleamed in his hand in the pale moon light
"Boo..." Was all the man said and lunged foreward with a bloodthirsty his very face looked like the red devil himself.
Runnning. Running was all Markus could do without a weapon or direction he frantically stumbled foreward through the dark. All around of him eyes...glaring,growing,glowing! They watched his plight as the demon behind him screamed crazily in pure delight.
Cornered! Backed againts a wall in some unknown ally
"Damn it! Not like this! God damn it! Not like thisssss!!!" he screamed out in anger to the stars abouve.
"Calm down kid...you'll meet your father soon. Now give me a smile before I gut you.I like my victims to smile" The grinning demon said and moving foreward with the knife.He took three steps then a warm moisture filled the air suddenly and he collasped on the floor. The top part of his head was missing his mouth though...was smiling,grinning as if it was permantly stuck there.
"What the..." Was all Markus could get out.
Lights flooded his vision as the rest of his companions joined him they had been awakened by the screaming and then they whent chasing after what they thought was the killer.They were right...
There was many praise going around all directed at Markus for killing what the men called "One dangerous merc". He was no mercenary he was a assasin and Markus didn't kill him.
"He knew I would be here..he was sent here to kill me personally..but why....?" He wondered to himself. All day long he had been giving himself shit for being so spineless only now had he sat down and began to think over the events.
"I remember a loud noise...a warm moisture for a secound then as I left a gleam of light..." No matter how many times he whent over the events they still did not add up. He did not kill the assasin , But somebody did...and that sombody was watching him