Status: Hiatus

Undefined Path

Roller Coaster Thrill

"Is Ace here?? I hear she killed someone."

"Yeah, she's here. She's a total bad ass too."

"She's sexy, is what she is."

"She's fucking scary as all hell, dude. Don't look in to her eyes or you'll be turned to stone."

"Ace isn't Medusa, dumb ass. Sometimes I think you read too much."

"Fuck you."

"It's a bad omen to talk about Ace, so let's drop this subject and move onto something else."

"Like what?"

"Shit, like how that guy just got his two front teeth knocked in!"

"What? Let's go see!"

The group of people faded away in to the crowd hurriedly. Sighing, I leaned my head against the back of the booth and concentrated. The music's beat was loud, vibrating my tongue inside of my mouth, as well as my glass on the table. My fingers clenched on the table as my thoughts still lingered on the conversation I'd just overheard.

I hear she killed someone. Did people really think that? No one had ever come to my face and asked me, which I doubted they would ever do. But still, it seemed better that way, that people thought I was a murderer. Those types of rumors kept people from bothering me or asking questions. They kept people safe and out of my way.

Loud yelling was heard over the loud speaker, and then the next fight began. The guy who was left in the ring with his two front teeth missing was carried to the back where a few off duty paramedics would take care of him. Amateurs should never come in fresh and challenge one of the strongest fighters in the place. That judgment was based on overconfidence and stupidity. And look where that inexperienced judgment took him?

People screamed and cheered on the two opponents fighting. The music increased in speed, and so did their chants. The area was set up very similar to a wrestling arena. The actual fighting arena was set in to the ground, like a hole. There stood a ten foot wall around the entire arena. The top of it was lined with a steel bar that kept people from jumping down. Bleachers were set up about another ten feet back. And then, there were sky boxes lining the top of the entire building. Surrounding on the walls stood booths, cascading down just like the bleachers.

In one of those booths, is where I sat, my regular table. I sat here every time I came. A waitress came over and pointed to my drink, suggesting a refill. I quickly downed what little was left and shook my head, getting up. She scampered off to tend to her other customers.

My fight was up next. Anticipation made my fingers tingle with excitement. I could already tell tonight was going to bring a new frenzy. Tonight I'd open the flood gates of my emotions and let everything I'd ever held in out.

Each step closer made my heart beat faster. People who knew me and saw me coming parted to either side of the walkway to let me through. The heat in the room seemed to intensify as I entered the door that led to the arena. I took off my jacket and stuffed it in to my bag. I changed in to some baggy shorts and a wife beater. Then, I began the delicate process of wrapping my hands with gauze and tape.

The ref, who everyone called The Mediator, poked his head in. "Three minutes until you go on Andy, be ready." I nodded my head and jumped up and down in place. I swung my hands from side to side and cracked my neck. Tonight would be a night of excitement. My gut just told me that I was going to have some major fun.

She's a total bad ass.Blood raced through my veins at the thought. From the outside, I seemed like a total bad ass. Frankly, I'm just a courageous thrill- seeker. And the impending fight was going to be one hell of a ride. If I wasn't sure of one thing, it was that I was ready. My blood was pumping, my heart racing, my hands tingling and shaking with impatience. I was just so close. My forte, my element, the reason I even existed, was so close to happening that it hurt to wait any longer.

Especially when I've waited so long. The last time I'd come here was about a week ago, which may not seem like alot of time to the average person, but to me, it had seemed like a year. A total of 166 hours, 27 minutes, and. . . 19 seconds since I last entered the ring and let my emotions reign. Tonight I'd let them take the front seat and let out all the anguish and fury they wanted.

The Mediator knocked on the heavy metal door three times, signaling that it was time for me to fight. I walked out the door and to the entrance of the arena. Mentally I counted down ten seconds, and then the door swung open. My eyes welcomed the familiar burn from the bright lights. I strode in to the arena and smirked.

No longer was I just a regular girl with anger issues who sought out fighting to calm down her raging emotions. I was a destroyer. I was a thrill-seeker.

I was a fighter.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the first chapter to my new story! I hope you like it! A beginning filler, but I will be posting a second chapter tonight, so don't be disappointed with the first one!