Stop, Or Go

Chapter V

I woke up the next morning and rubbed the last bit of sleep from my eyes before sighing. I knew Alex would come back any time now, so I had to work fast. Without bothering to shower or change out of my pajamas, I grabbed my two suitcases and one of Alex’s duffle bags (I’d mail it back to him later) and began throwing things it at random. Clothes, shoes, books, CDs, anything in the house I thought I had a rightful claim to, I tossed in one of my bags. I considered leaving him a note, but I couldn’t bring myself to do it. The guilt was too much. Besides, Alex wasn’t stupid, he’d figure it all out for himself. I changed quickly into a pair of jeans and a baggy sweatshirt and brushed my teeth. That was all I bothered to do.

I revved up the engine of my car, my bags in the back seat, and drove off to the only two people I cared enough about to say goodbye to: Rian and Kara. I knocked on the door, and it didn’t take long for Kara to answer. “Hey Audrey.” She said, a smile emerging on her face. “C’mon in.” She lead me to the kitchen, making small talk like how it was supposed to be sunny for the rest of the week and how the Ravens were going to make the playoffs. I saw Rian sitting at the table looking at the newspaper, and Kara had to clear her throat to let him know a guest was here. I smiled softly, and he stood up.

“Is everything alright?” He asked quickly, and I nodded.

“Yeah, everything’s fine.” I responded. “I just wanted to come and – and say goodbye to you guys. I’m going to head up to New York for a bit, and stay with my aunt and my mom.” Kara’s eyes seemed to pop out of her head, and Rian just stared at me with a quiet understanding.

“Does this have to do with Alex?” Kara replied quickly. “Because I know Rian thinks he cheated on you, but I don’t! He loves you more then he’s loved any other girl before.” Well, that didn’t make me feel very good. I glanced at Rian who was looking down at his feet. “I think everyone is just overreacting, and when he gets home from Jack’s house you guys are going to make up and fall back into love again.” I couldn’t even hear her out before I started crying. And not crying like how I was with my mom and Alex; I was full out sobbing. I finally slumped down against the counter, regaining control of myself but still choking on the occasional sob. I felt a pair of arms wrap around me, and I heard Kara’s quit voice. “Do you believe him, Audrey, or not?”

“I have so many doubts.” I finally managed to say. “So many doubts.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So comment with what you think =] Did Alex cheat on her, or was Audrey just blinded by her parent's divorce and the doubtless notions of Rian and Jenny? Tell me what you think -- there's no right or wrong answer ^^