Flash of Violet

10/31/10; 6:43 PM

Violet had just finished correctly placing the mold on top of her fang and was holding it over her tooth on the right side of her mouth. She shoved her thumb against the plastic fang and pressed hard against her jaw, looking down the hall way. She was wiping off the excess fake blood on her mouth, only leaving a stain, just like she wanted, when Casey threw her front door open.

With her thumb still lodged against her mouth, she yelled, "Learn teh knock yeh twat!"

"Mmmlearntehmmmnadwallla." Casey laughed, walking into the bathroom and looking at Violet through the mirror, with her thumb in her mouth, "What the fuck are yeh doin'?"

"'M puttin' meh--" Violet stopped, carefully pulling her thumb out of her mouth, making sure the mold stuck to her teeth, "'m puttin' meh fangs in."

"Yeh're goin' as a vampire?" Casey scoffed, "Original. What are yeh, Edward Cullen?"

"Piss off," Violet snapped, "What the 'ell are yeh goin' as? A bum?" She asked, pulling at the shoulder of Casey's dumpy sweat shirt.

"A pirate!" She laughed, pulling the sweat shirt over her head to reveal a vest that was laced tightly over her boobs, which where hanging completely out, "Arggg!"

"And I'm not original." Violet said sarcastically.

She loved Casey, but it seemed like Casey couldn't go to a party without dressing like a complete hooker. Violet didn't really understand how her and Casey had ended up being friends in the first place. Violet was quiet and awkward. Her hair always reeked of cigarette smoke and was naturally too blonde, with a shock of purple in it. She was short and skinny. Her lips were accompanied by two studs on the right side while her nose held a hoop on the left. Violet was shy and hardly ever said a word when they went out together. Casey was the type of girl that would flash you her tits to get in the club and open her legs for a drink. She was pretty and she had a funny personality, but she was so desperate to have someone care about her, it was almost pathetic. She was tall and lengthy, but not gawky. She refused to get any piercings or tattoos and stuck to her opinion, even if she knew it was wrong--especially if she knew it was wrong.

"Let me see your fangs." Casey mused, "They're not cheap looking are they?"

Violet laughed slightly and held her hands up like claws, unable to keep a straight face as she said, "I vant teh suck yeh're blood."

"Dude, I ain't gonna lie," Casey grinned, "Yeh're lookin' hot."

Violet waved Casey off and stepped into her bedroom, pulling on a white tank and a pair of cut off jeans spattered with fake blood she'd found for a few pounds at the Halloween store. Casey walked into the room moments later, chomping on a bowl of Veggie chips she'd taken from Violet's cupboard. Violet looked at herself in the mirror. Her hair hung limp over her shoulders, as it always did, her shock of purple newly dyed. She sighed loudly and looked up at Casey.

"Yeh think this is overdone?"

Casey shook her head, swallowing, "No. But yeh know yeh don't 'ave teh 'ide everything, right?"

"An' yeh don't 'ave teh let it all 'ang out." She paused, looking in the mirror and suddenly losing all confidence in her outfit idea, "Why do I 'ave teh go?"

"Because. I was invited and 'm yer best friend, an' I don't want yeh bein' alone on 'alloween."

"Yeh an' Matt are only going to ditch me," Violet muttered, pulling on a pair of red converse.

Matt Nicholls was this guy. This guy that Casey had met at a couple of parties, she'd gone out to coffee with him a few times, and they had this 'thing' going on. This 'thing' consisted of Matt being much too shy to ask Casey on a real date while she sat around waiting for him. Violet didn't understand why the hell Matt had decided to go after Casey. He was a sweet guy. Shy, quiet. Casey just… wasn't. Violet thought Matt was cute, but she just hoped Casey didn't crush him. Violet had met Matt before, so she knew he was all right. She'd met him at a party once before, but hadn't talked to him for very long. She was too occupied trying to perfect her smoke rings, and Casey wanted to dance.

"'ts fer yer own good, Love." Casey said after chomping on a few more Veggie Chips, "Yeh need teh meet some people."

Violet groaned inwardly. She knew Casey meant well. Casey was sick of seeing Violet alone. But, Violet was sick of getting fucked over. She didn't have the time to deal with assholes. And Casey knew that finding some guy at a party and pursuing a relationship with him was the last thing Violet was going to do; she didn't like the party type.

Although, it seemed like whenever Oli Sykes had a party, which was basically every weekend, Casey never failed to invite Violet, if not drag her all the way down to his flat. Lately, Violet hadn't been forced to go, it'd been round about two or three weeks since she'd been. Violet had never really spoke to Oli, but the few times she'd actually showed up at his house, he always seemed to be happy, smiling at everyone. He seemed like a nice enough guy and there was no doubt he was good looking. Violet had never stayed long. The few times she'd shown up, Casey had gotten so sloshed, she hadn't even realized that Violet had left the party until the next morning. Violet knew she needed more friends than just Casey. But it seemed that every time she went to meet some people, she ended up sitting around, smoking cigarettes while everyone got wasted and fell on top of her.

She'd do her best to shove them off without becoming irritated, but that never did much good. Violet was shy, but she was also short tempered. Casey was the only person that got away with shoving her around, and even Casey crossed the line sometimes.
♠ ♠ ♠
I usually don't update this often. Don't get used to it. ;D