Sequel: Keep Me Together
Status: <3

Love Makes Blind

Childhood Sweetheart.

[Elia's Point of View]

Paul was holding my hand as we walked out of the doctor’s office. When Paul told me he didn’t have any STD’s I became nervous and butterflies were attacking my stomach. I pushed it away from my mind.
“Okay, so tell me Elia are there anything you want to do, something fun?” Paul asked and swung our hands back and forth.
I thought for a minute. “I’ve always wanted to ride a motorcycle.” I confessed and smiled.
Paul laughed. “You always surprise me. I’m sure we can borrow Jake’s bike.”
I grinned.
“How about you’ll just wait here and I’ll go get it?” he sat down on a bench, I think we were at a park.
“Okay.” I smiled and nodded. “Be quick.”
Paul kissed my cheek before I heard him disappear.

I could hear all the people around me. Children playing and adults talking, some dogs were barking. I felt peaceful. Suddenly someone sat down beside me, and it wasn’t Paul. I froze.
“Hey Elia.” I recognized Dakota’s voice and smiled.
“Hi Dakota.” I smiled and turned towards him.
“Why are you here all alone?” he asked me.
“I’m not alone, I’m waiting for Paul.” I grinned.
“Are you two, like a couple now?” he wanted to know.
My smile faltered. “We are not together.” I told him.
“Oh, okay.” I noticed an undertone in his voice that sounded happy with my answer.

Dakota was just about to say something when the sound of an motor stopped right in front of where we sat. I grinned when I could feel Paul’s hand grab mine. He pulled me up and wrapped his arms around me.
“Bye Dakota!” I yelled over my shoulder. “You took your time.” I told Paul as he helped me on the bike.
Paul chuckled. “I was only gone for five minutes.”
“it felt like it was five hours.” I mumbled.

Paul sat down in front of me and started the motor again. he took my arms and wrapped them around his torso.
“Hold on tight, and please don’t let go.” then he laughed. “Are you ready monster?”
I let out a hysteric giggle. “I am.” My voice broke a little, but it only made Paul laugh harder.
I squealed as we started moving forward, first slowly, but then, when I guess we hit the main road, Paul pushed the gas in and it felt like we were flying. My hair was flying out behind me and the adrenaline pulsing through my veins felt different, but good. I rarely did things that were dangerous or risky. Darin was always too protective.
Paul wasn’t afraid to let me live.

We drove for awhile; the only thing I’m hearing was the purr of the motor and Paul’s steady heartbeat.
“Where are we?” I asked when he stopped.
“We’re in Forks. I want to buy you lunch.” Paul put an arm over my shoulder and led me through some doors. It sounded like the place was packed with people.
We sat down with a table. Paul sat next to me and started reading aloud from the menu. I was embarrassed because I couldn’t read it myself.
“I’ll go order, wait just here.”
I sighed. “I will.”

Paul was sat down beside me again very quickly. “How are you feeling?”
“I’m good.” I nodded.
Paul was fiddling with my fingers. I smiled.
The food was placed on our table and Paul handed me my sandwich.

Paul took a deep breath and I lifted my head. “What is it?” I asked.
“I just- I want- Shit. Okay. Elia, I don’t know how to do this but I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me.” Paul struggled with his words.
I smiled a little. “On a date?” I asked playfully.
“On a date, of course silly. What do you want to do?”
“How about catching a movie?” I wondered.
“That would be great.” I could hear the relief in his voice. “We’ll head to Port Angels after we’ve had dinner.”
“It’s a date.” I grinned. Paul kissed the side of my head.

“Do you know what your aunt has against me?” Paul asked after we had eaten our food and walked outside. We were sitting in a park.
I blushed a little. “It’s nothing, just ignore it.”
Paul noticed my blush. “No, tell me.” He smirked.
“Okay, but promise not to get mad!”
“I promise.” He said.
I held up my little finger. “Pinky promise?”
He wrapped his finger around mine. “Pinky promise.”

“She wants me to get back together with my ‘childhood sweetheart’.” I blurted out and used air quotes.
“What?” Paul asked in a surprised voice.
I sighed. “Matteo Valenti. Our families are like really close, he was the first boy I ever kissed, when I was three. He is kind and caring, and we have always been friends. And when we were ten he asked me to be his girlfriend. I had a major crush on him so I said yes. He was twelve. Even though we only met in the summers we was a couple for three years. We broke up because the distance became difficult. We are still friends though and I can’t wait until I get to meet him again. But don’t worry Paul, I don’t have any romantic feelings towards him, he is more like a brother to me.”
Paul chuckled slightly. “That is kind of cute, was he a good kisser?”
I giggled and put my hands behind his neck and pulled him closer. “Not nearly as good as you.” I kissed his lips forcefully.

I smiled when I pulled away.
“Tell me more about your life in Italy.” Paul intertwined our fingers and stood up.
“That is a long story we’ll save for some other time. Let’s head home; I need to get ready for dinner.”

We walked back to the motorcycle. And as we rode it back home, I let my mind wander to Italy, to Matteo and all our memories, and to the rest of the boys. I missed them all dearly.
♠ ♠ ♠
~ BreeVixen