Sequel: Keep Me Together
Status: <3

Love Makes Blind

Insane.

[Elia's Point of View]

I rested my head against Paul’s bare chest, his steady heartbeat helping me to slow down all the thoughts that was racing through my mind. I still felt like crying. My body was terrified and wanted to run away, but my mind kept chanting that Paul wasn’t dangerous, that there was no reason to be afraid.

The feeling of holding a wolf’s head in my hands, and it to nod when I asked if it was Paul, that was the most terrifying thing. I was still wondering how it all could be true. How could teenagers suddenly just transform into wolves? And just the thought of the cold ones gave me chills. The worst thing was that Paul told me I couldn’t tell anyone, not even Darin; I’ve never kept secrets from him before.

All this thoughts, but the thing that was bouncing highest and loudest; I was Paul’s girlfriend. After he told me about the werewolf thing, I almost backed out. But I realized that I can’t live without him now. I needed him as much as he needed me.

“We’re at the cliff.” Paul put me down and took my hand.
“Why?” I asked.
“I need you to trust me. If things are going to work with us, you’ll need to trust me Elia.” Paul started walking forward.
He stopped and made me stand in front of him before he wrapped his arms around me and took another step forward. My feet were dangling over nothing; I was hanging out from the cliff with only Paul’s arm holding me. I threw my arms around his neck and my feet around his waist.
“What are you doing?” I screamed at him.
“Do you trust me Elia?” he sounded so calm.
“Are you insane?” I screamed in a terrified voice. He didn’t say anything, still waiting for my answer. “I trust you Paul.” I said silently.

I relaxed as Paul started backing up. But then he tightened his grip around me.
“Hold on tight.” He said and ran forward again.
I screamed as loud as I could as we were flying through the air. Paul was actually laughing. I couldn’t see anything, of course, which only made it all a lot more terrifying. I was digging my nails into Paul’s shoulder as we went under the water surface.
I started trashing around with my arms and feet when I didn’t resurface. One thing I regretted not telling Paul was the fact that I can’t swim. And the water was freezing.

A warm hand grabbed my upper arm. Paul managed to get me over the water surface, and I was gasping for air. I think Paul realized I couldn’t swim when I was only splashing around. He helped me around to his back and started swimming. I was still clinging to his back as he stood up and walked into the beach.

“You can let go now.” I could hear he was smiling.
I got down carefully, and when I knew he had turned around I pulled my hand back and slapped his as hard as I could across his face.
“What the- why the heck did you do that?” I yelled and shoved his chest.
“I needed you to trust me.” He stated so smugly.
I slapped him again. “There are other ways to do that!”
“Damn, you’re hot when you’re angry.” He tried to place his hand on my butt, but I hit his arm and turned away from him with my arms crossed.
“Damn you, Paul.” I muttered.

“Hey, I’m sorry baby. I didn’t mean to scare you.” He kissed the top of my head.
I turned around and rested my head on his chest; he wrapped his arms around me, one around my waist and one securely placed on my butt. I didn’t dislike it.
“I thought you were going to kill us both.” I confessed.
Paul chuckled. “It’s called cliff diving, we do it all the time here at the rez.”
I nodded.

“Let’s go home and take a shower.” I didn’t hear the suggestive tone in his voice.
He kissed me before taking my hand and swinging them between us as we walked back to my place.
♠ ♠ ♠
~ BreeVixen