Sequel: Keep Me Together
Status: <3

Love Makes Blind

Ashamed.

[Elia's Point of View]

I woke up with Paul’s heavy arm over my chest. I shook it and Paul shot up from the bed.
“Damn, what time is it?” he asked hurriedly. “Shit, Leah is going to be here in ten minutes.”
“Why? What’s going on?” I sat up in confusion.
Paul sighed and sat down beside me. He put his arms around my waist and pulled me closer. “Sam called a meeting last night after you fell asleep. Here is a new bloodsucker in town, and we all have to patrol. Leah’s going to be with you today while I have patrol. And don’t worry, she’ll behave.”
I frowned. “I don’t want you to get hurt.”
Paul laughed. “The only one who’s going to be hurt is the leech that comes close to the rez. Just go back to sleep, Leah will wake you later.” He kissed my forehead and stood up. He pulled the covers over me again before I could hear him get dressed. He kissed my lips passionately before he walked down stairs; I kissed him back as much as I managed.

I guess I was tired and fell asleep again, because I was woken by Leah shaking my shoulder softly.
“Hey Elia, do you want some breakfast? I’ve made pancakes.”
I sat up and yawned. “Sounds good, can you find me a tights or something?”
“Sure.” Leah looked through my dresser and handed me a tights.
I stood up and pulled it on before I let Leah lead me downstairs. It smelled wonderful. We ate in silence for a few minutes before Leah broke it.
“You are not afraid of me Elia?” She asked quietly, almost ashamed.
I put a hand over hers. “Not at all. I’m only worried about you all.” I smiled.
“That’s good, because you’re the only one I trust I can talk to. And I don’t think you’d judge me.” She said as she chewed a mouthful of delicious pancakes.
I laughed. “You mean I’m your friend?”
Leah laughed too. “That’s what I meant.”

“What do you want to do today?” I asked when Leah washed our plates.
“I have been patrolling the whole night, so I’m bummed. Is it okay if we just stay in?”
I nodded. “Of course. You can borrow Darin’s bed, I’m sure he wouldn’t mind.”
“Darin is your brother. How old was he again?” Leah wanted to know.
I raised an eyebrow. “He’s twenty. How old are you.”
“Twenty.” I think I could hear a smiled in her voice.

“I’ll follow you upstairs.” I grabbed her hand and walked towards the stairs.
“You are sure he won’t mind?” her voice was unsecure.
“I’m sure. He won’t even be home for two or three days.”

After Leah had gone to bed, I did something I hadn’t done since I came to La Push. I walked downstairs to the basement. A plus side to being blind was that I don’t have to look around for the light switch. I found my way over to the small chair that stood in front of my piano. I sat down and sighed before I let my fingers flow over the tangents. I played my favorite song. Love me by Yiruma.

I think I played for hours, one song morphing into another. But I stopped abruptly when I heard someone enter the room.
“I’m ready to talk.” It was Leah. She sounded upset.
“Okay.” I stood up and we walked up to the living room and sat down on the couch.
“Wait, I’ll check if you have some ice cream.” Leah disappeared and I could hear her open the freezer. “Okay, here.” She handed me a spoon and placed the ice box between us. “It’s complicated. And you are the first one I’ll talk to about this. Please focus. I don’t want to repeat myself.”
I nodded. “I will.”
♠ ♠ ♠
~ BreeVixen