Sequel: Keep Me Together
Status: <3

Love Makes Blind

A Little More.

[Elia's Point of View]

I woke up while it still was dark outside. Paul was snoring beside me. I think it was the jet-lag, but I wasn’t tired at all. I wanted to get out, down at the beach.

And so I did. I pulled short shorts over my underwear before I sneaked out barefooted without a sound, Paul was still fast asleep. I walked down the street before I got to the path that led to the private part of the beach. I recognized the way from earlier, but I would have found the path anyway.

The moon made it possible to see the beach, and the water was sparkling, looking so inviting. A smile crept onto my lips when I remember what I always used to do in the late summer nights. I looked around making sure no one was around before I pushed the shorts down and pulled the shirt over my head. I left it in the sand before I walked closer to the water.

It was warm, so I walked out till it reached my waist. This was the first time ever I was alone at the beach and out in the water. Matt- Someone had always been with me. But the night was so beautiful. The sky was filled with stars and the moon. I felt so alone but not lonely. It was a good feeling, finally home again.

And Paul. He wanted children, my children. I knew it wouldn’t happen right now, because I don’t want to be like one of those teenage moms – I want to get an education. I could think about that now; education, school, college. Everything would be easier. A teacher. I want to be a preschool teacher, I think.

It was so silent, this night. The day had been loud, I had forgotten how loud Italians were. It felt so weird to speak so much Italian again, but I tried to speak mostly English, because off Paul. He has to learn Italian, to keep up.

The water was almost unmoving when I stood completely still, but it moved with me if I took a step farther out. It was only me and the silent sea; or so I thought. Small waves hit my waist when I noticed someone walking into the water behind me. I was just about to turn around to see who it was when I felt warm fingers brush my hair over my shoulder.
I sighed in relief, it was Paul. He took a step closer to me and put a hand on my waist. Why didn’t he say anything?

“What are you doing here?” I asked with a smile.
“I was looking for you.” He said. But he wasn’t Paul.
I froze. “Matteo!” I screamed in a hushed voice and covered my chest. “What the hell are you doing?” I hissed and rushed past him and back to the beach. I found Paul’s t-shirt and pulled it over my wet body and then the shorts over my soaked underwear.
“[I wanted to see you, and I expected you to be here.]” He said and stood in front of me. He was bare-chested and his jeans were soaked.
I slapped him. “You can’t do that! I have a boyfriend.”
“[It’s not like I haven’t seen you naked before, isn’t this like our tradition?]” he smirked.

“[I have a boyfriend.]” I repeated.
“He is not here.” Matteo was still smiling at me.
“He is sleeping in my bed, waiting for me to come back.” I was angry at him.
“You are not serious with him, are you?” His confidence faltered a little bit.
“I am very serious with him.” I said and raised my left hand to show him my ring. “I love him very much, more than my own life, more than I have ever loved anyone before.”
He flinched.
But I kept going. “He has promised to marry me one day, and until that day, he won’t leave my side.”

Matteo frowned down at me. “Ouch.”
“And you better not try anything, or Paul will beat the living crap out of you.” I said. I didn’t want that to happen, but I knew it could.
Matteo waved his hand. “[I’m not scared of stupid Americans.]”
I shook my head. I couldn’t tell him Paul was a wolf.

We were silent for a few minutes. I was staring at my feet, but I could feel Matteo’s eyes on me.
“So where does this leave us.” he asked sadly.
I sighed and looked up at him. “You’re my best friend Matt.”
“Friend.” He muttered and looked out at the water. “Why did I have to be so stupid to break up with you? I had you.”
“Don’t. I would have fallen for Paul anyway. He is my soul-mate.” It was as close to the reality as possible.
“Since when do you believe in that crap?” Matteo looked back at me.
“Since I experienced it.”

Matteo sat down and patted the sand next to him. I sat down.
“I’m sorry Elia.” he said and took my hand. I let him.
“For what?” I asked in confusion.
“For not being there, when you was… sick.” He said and looked at our hands.
“It’s okay.” I smiled softly at him.
“No, it’s not. You tried to kill yourself for fuck’s sake.” He traced one finger over the scar on my left wrist. “I should have come for you. To help you. But so much happened here and I had so much responsibility with everyone changing into-” he stopped mid-sentence. I looked at him in wonder. “Forget it.” he said.

“I’m completely fine now Matteo. Paul fixed me.” I tried to smile at him, but he didn’t meet my eyes.
“I should have fixed you, because I love you Elia!” He said and threw his hands in the air.
“Don’t, I said. Please don’t ruin this. I want us to be friends. I love you; but I love you the same way I love Luca or Michael or Angelo.” I confessed and took his hand again.
It was as if he got a grip over himself. He straightened up and looked at me with a sly smile.
“You love me a little more, right?” He asked me.
I laughed. “I do.”
Matteo nodded in satisfaction.

He stood up and pulled me up as well. He looked at me for a second before pulling me against his chest.
“It’s good to have you home, Ellie.” He mumbled against my home.
I wrapped my arms around his waist. “It’s good to be home.”

We stood like that for a few minutes before we parted and I headed back home. I took a quick shower before I climbed back into bed with Paul.
He stirred when I snuggled against him. “Where have you been?” He asked in a sleep filled voice.
“I just had some fresh air.” I lied. Paul didn’t have to know. “Just go back to sleep wolfie.”
Paul put an arm around me before he fell back to sleep. I did as well.

I had a strange dream. Or, not really; it was about wolves. I used to dream about them, Paul and his pack, his brothers. Ten wolves in total, but now there was more of them; seventeen I think.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for not updating, I was away. I have put the whole reporting thing behind me, but thanks for all the comments I got, I think it was about 40 :D Will I get that many for this chapter?

Anyway, have anyone guessed what is happening in Italy ? :O

I'll update if I get ten new comments :)

Comment-Comment-Subscribe !


~ BreeVixen