Sequel: Keep Me Together
Status: <3

Love Makes Blind

Festivities.

Valeira’s wedding came and went, everybody in the small village of Parghelia was invited and the party went on for days. Elia, being the maid of honor, was at Valeira’s side all the time and Paul watched in awe from the sideline as his girlfriend shone as a bright diamond. Everybody talked about how beautiful the bride had been, but everybody knew it was Elia who was the prettiest.

Paul had managed to push away his jealousy, because at the end of the day, he was the one that got to hold her in his arms as they slept. Paul didn’t want to be in the way, so he got to know many of Elia’s friends, especially Angelo and Leonardo, and the two of them had accepted him as one of the pack- I mean family.

Matteo on the other hand was getting more depressed each day as he saw how lovingly Elia looked at Paul, and how tenderly he could brush some strands of hair behind her ear or give her a quick kiss as she walked by. He wanted her to be his. He had prayed every day since he knew she would come that she would still love him and choose him over a man she just met, but that was before he realized how much Elia loved Paul.

Matteo was starting to ask himself if he should just give up and let Elia have her peace; because she only deserved what was good for her. But when he thought that he agreed with himself that they were meant to be, they always had. But in the end, it would be too dangerous to pull someone from the outside into the mess he was in the middle off.

Leah was amazed by Paul’s behavior. She had been prepared to calm him down at all time. She tried to be near him whenever the boy Matteo was around, because she had noticed that he liked Elia, and she knew they had history; but this far everything seemed to go fine.

Leah loved every minute of her time in Italy. She loved to get to know Darin’s family, especially his grandmother. She could come off as cold and hard on the outside, but Leah had found out that the reason behind it was that she had to raise all her children all by herself since her husband died when they were still young.

Each day Leah and Darin’s relationship grew closer and bigger, and their love for each other didn’t seem to have a limit. They talked about buying or renting an apartment next year; to get some privacy.

Darin was worried about his mom in the middle of all the festivities. Every day that went by she got paler and looked more tired. Her hair didn’t shine anymore as it had used to and he noticed the sad and desperate look on her face whenever she thought no one looked her way. He felt sad for her for not having her husband by her side; it was his family after all.

Darin missed his father, even thought he didn’t remember much of him. He remembered him as a safe cliff in his childhood and the one that had kept his head in shape when Elia lost her sight. Darin could clearly remember the day they were at the hospital and a doctor told them that Elia was blind. It was the first time he saw his mother cry. And he didn’t see her cry again before his father died. After that he only heard her cry at night when she thought everybody was asleep.
Darin was lucky to have Leah to share all his worries with.

Elia was so happy. She believed in her future and hoped that all bad that had happened in the past now was behind her; because she thought she had had her fair share of adversity. Elia wished she could just skip right past high school and college so she could marry Paul and live her happily ever after, but is it ever that easy?
♠ ♠ ♠
I know its short and very fillerish, but I like it. I wrote it in twenty minutes anyway... :P
Sorry that I haven't updated in a few days, it has been so much stress! Today its Norway's national day and I walked in the parade :) It is my last year (YAY!!!!!)
And tomorrow I get to know what exam I'll have (Math, English or Norwegian, I hope for English!)
Last week I drove with my mom across country too ... I'm tired as hell to say at least.

I'll update if I get five new comments !

Comment-Comment-Subscribe :D


~ BreeVixen