Sequel: Keep Me Together
Status: <3

Love Makes Blind

Burns.

[Chapter 60 Whoooohoooo! Please congratulate me :D]

Paul opened his eyes tiredly and yawned but almost jumped out of bed when he noticed it being empty. Elia was gone. Paul was quick to take his jeans on and rush out in the hallway. He was headed to Leah and Darin’s room to check if they had seen her when he noticed the door into Mirella’s room being open. He looked in and saw Elia struggling – almost fighting – with the sheets on the bed.

“Elia, what are you doing?” He asked concerned and walked over her.
Elia shrugged his hand of her shoulder when he put it there. She was crying out of frustration. “Mom always made her bed. Always, every day. I have to make the bed.” She said rushed.
Paul was in shock but took two of the corners of the sheet and helped Elia to put it neatly over the bed. He grabbed her hands when she started to brush out every little wrinkle with frenetic moves.
“Calm down.” Paul said sternly.
“But I have to make the bed.” She cried and fought against his hold.
“You have to calm down Elia!”
“Let go of me! You are hurting my wrists!” She screamed at him and Paul let go immediately but he hadn’t held them that tight

“Elia please talk to me.” He begged.
It was as if something had covered Elia’s eyes, something that was blocking Paul from seeing through them.
“There’s nothing to talk about. If you excuse me, I’ll be down stairs.” She had stopped crying in a second and was completely cold.
“Okay, I’ll take a shower, don’t do anything until I come down, okay monster?” Paul kissed the top of her head but Elia flinched away and left the room.

Paul went and took his shower but the second he shut the water off he heard loud banging sounds from downstairs.
“Let go of the casserole Elia.” It was Darin.
Paul threw some clothes on and ran downstairs and into the kitchen where he saw Darin trying to pry Elia’s fingers off a casserole with some content that Paul couldn’t identify.
“Don’t touch me!” Elia screamed and trashed around.
Paul got a grip of the casserole and ripped it away from her. “Ouch, goddamn it!” He cursed when he felt how hot it was.
“Her hands are burnt.” Darin said and tried to get Elia over to the kitchen sink.
“Let go of me.” She screamed again.

Paul turned the cold water on and grabbed both her elbows and pulled her harshly over to the sink and held her hands firmly under the running water. Elia cried out in pain.
“Where the hell is Leah?” Paul asked and looked over at Darin. He knew she would have been strong enough to take the casserole away.
“She went grocery shopping and when I came downstairs Elia were burning food on the stove and nearly setting the whole house on fire!” Darin said in a panicked voice.

“What is happening to you baby?” Paul asked Elia softly as she kept screaming and trashing against his hands, but he knew that she had to keep he hands cooled down to avoid major burns. “When I woke up she was in Mirella’s room making the bed.”
“I heard her scream.” Darin nodded.

“Elia, please talk to me.” Paul when her screams had gone over to sobs.
“She always cooked breakfast. I have to make breakfast. But the stupid thing only started to burn.” She sobbed.
“You can’t cook bambina.” Darin put a hand on her head. “But you’ll learn eventually.

It felt as if all energy drained from her and she fell limply towards Paul. He lifted her up in his arms and carried her back upstairs.
“Darin, can you bring some bandages for her hands?” He called over his shoulder before entering their room and laid her on top of the covers on the bed.
Darin came in shortly after wards and bandaged her burns. Elia winced every time he touched her hands.

Elia sighed and closed her eyes when Darin left and closed the door. Paul sat on the bed next to her and stroked her arm.
“I’m sorry for going crazy like that.” Elia said and kept her eyes closed.
“It’s okay baby, I’m right here.” Paul said soothingly.
“I just. I don’t know. It feels like something was blocking my own senses. I couldn’t control myself.” She looked at Paul as he stared lovingly down at her.
“You scared me Elia.”
“I’m sorry.” She said again.
“Just please leave the cooking to Leah, Darin or me.” Paul chuckled lightly.
Elia smiled a little. “I promise.”

“I’ll go get you your breakfast, and you stay here lunatic.” He said as he got up.
Elia pouted a little. “Okay.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Poor, poor Elia; she's losing it!

A big thank you to MissLovely for this amazing banner :D

Image

I promised a double update if anyone made me a banner and I'm writing a new chapter right now, but I'm not sure if I'll manage to post it tonight and if I don't I'll do it first thing tomorrow morning.

Five new comments?

Comment and Subscribe !


~ BreeVixen