Sequel: Keep Me Together
Status: <3

Love Makes Blind

The Wolves.

[Listen to this song]

Elia’s heart stopped just as the paramedics lifted her onto the stretcher. They were quick to start the CPR before they started with the defibrillator.
“Charge.” Said one of the paramedics before holding the defibrillator over Elia’s chest.
Her body jolted as electric coursed through her body. Two more were needed before the paramedics found a weak pulse and rushed her into the ambulance. Darin was the one that had to go with her; Leah had wrapped her arms tightly around Paul’s shaking body – it wasn’t anger that shook him, but the sobs that escaped his mouth.

The Italians had stepped away a little to give them privacy, but Paul didn’t care one bit that they saw him cry; he was losing his imprint.
“Angelo, can you drive us to the hospital?” Leah asked after a few minutes, she knew it would be better for Paul to be there.
“Of course.” Angelo said and left the group and waited for them.
“Come on Paul.” Leah said softly and linked her arm with his for support. Leah tried really hard to hold back her own tears but she had years and years of practice with not showing any other emotion that anger.

The three of them walked to Angelo’s car before they drove to the hospital in silence – the only sound was Paul’s short breath and tears. His world came crashing down on him but he didn’t manage to think one clear thought.

“I’m sorry.” Angelo said, feeling a little guilty because it was his pack leader that hurt Elia.
“It isn’t your fault.” Leah said silently.
“Shut up both of you.” Paul mumbled from the backseat, not wanting to hear their fake words.

“What happened to her?” A doctor asked Darin in the waiting room. Elia was under surgery.
Darin wasn’t sure how to answer; he couldn’t really say that her best friend had turned into a gigantic wolf and clawed her. “She was attacked by an animal at the beach.”
“An animal? What kind?” the doctor kept asking.
“A wolf?” Darin hadn’t meant for it to be a question and the doctor furrowed his brows, sensing that Darin wasn’t telling the truth. “But we managed to chase him away.”
“We’ll have to put out a warning then.” The doctor started walking away.
“Hey, how is it going with her?” Darin asked before he disappeared around the corner.
“I’m afraid I can’t answer that yet.”

“Darin…” Leah said and sat down next to him. Paul just stood there without any emotion on his face while Angelo sat down a little away from them because he wasn’t sure if Darin was mad at him or not. “Has they said anything?”
Darin glanced up at Paul before answering. “No. I said she was attacked by a wolf at the beach. The doctor is putting out a warning.” His voice was emotionless.

Darin was trying really hard not to let what happened affect him, but how could he? He didn’t know if his sister would die or not, just a week and a half after his mother. Elia was all he had left, except Leah. They should have left Parghelia straight after their mother’s funeral and this wouldn’t have happened; everything was his fault and only his. Darin was the only close family Elia had and he had put her in danger by staying here.

“I’ll call the others and let them know.” Angelo mumbled before standing and walking outside again.
Paul sat down next to Leah. “I don’t know what I’ll do if she doesn’t make it.”
“Don’t say that.” Darin said quietly.
“He fucking killed her.” Paul kept on.
“Paul.” Darin raised his voice a bit.
“She can’t be saved.” Paul said monotonously.

Darin shot up from his chair and dragged Paul up by his arm. “Shut the fuck up Paul!” He roared. “Shut the fuck up or get the hell out.”
“Darin.” Leah said calmly and put a hand on his shoulder.
“No, I mean it. If you can’t keep your pessimistic mouth shut I’ll throw you out.” Darin was glaring at Paul.
“So you think she’ll make it?” Paul asked without any hope at all.

“She has to.” Darin said defeated. “There is no other way.” He let go of Paul and they sat down again.
Leah sighed and sat down between them.
“I’ll kill myself is she dies.” Paul muttered.
“Paul, shut the hell up.” Darin said and put his head in his hand and tuned Paul’s words out.

Paul hated hospital. Always waiting; and the doctors rarely gave you any answers – it was as if they were enjoying the pain of the ones that were waiting. If they had to leave the operation room they would rush so fast through the waiting room that the ones that were waiting was lifted with hope that would get crushed when they didn’t get the chance to ask their questions. Paul hated hospitals; he hoped he never had to be in one ever again.

Leah was the two men’s rock. She had her mask on; Leah hadn’t shed one tear since Matteo had hurt Elia. She occupied her mind with question she would have to get answers on; were there many packs with shape-shifters out there, had they connected minds as well? And were there other females, or was Leah the only one. She managed to ignore and hold back the fear that threatened to break through her facade, Darin and Paul needed her to stay strong and she had to believe Elia would be okay; which she would be, of course.

Angelo came back in and saw the three of them sit closely together; with Leah in the middle and Darin sat with his head in his hands. He had warned the others and told them that they all would have to stay low. Angelo sat down besides Darin and patter his shoulder – Darin was his brother and he wanted him to know that he was here. Darin didn’t say anything.

No one was completely sure how much time had passed when a doctor finally came and stopped in front of them but they could see that the sky outside the windows had turned dark. They all looked up at the doctor expectantly. Fear shot through Paul when he noticed his serious looking face.
“There were no complications during the surgery, but Ms. Agostino hasn’t been conscious. We managed to save her lungs and stop the bleeding. Her blood type is very rare, but I checked that you have the same, Mr. Agostino, so I wanted to ask you if you could donate some of yours.” He looked at Darin.
Darin nodded. “Of course, but she will be okay, right?”
“If she makes it through the night.” He said. “Come with me; we need the blood urgently.”

Darin left with the doctor and Paul stood up to follow but Leah grabbed his hand.
“Where do you think you are going?” She asked him.
“I need to ask him if I can see Elia.” Paul said and tried to shake her hand of, but Leah only pulled him down on the chair again.
“Be a little patience Paul, everything will be okay now.” Leah already felt more positive.
“Patience?” Paul said in a horrified voice. “I want to punch a hole in the wall for fucks sake.”
“Deep breaths Paul.” Leah said softly.
Angelo felt relief course through his veins and he left the waiting room without a word to call the wolves that Elia would be okay.
♠ ♠ ♠
I updated :)
I just realized - well not right now, but anyway - that this story will drag on forever and ever; I hope you don't mind.
I have many different plans for what will happen, but I haven't decided for what I should do just yet so if you have any suggestions, feel free to tell them to me; I could always use a little inspiration.

And I'm sick, which sucks. I'm throwing up, it's horrible.

I'll update if I get ten new comments !

Comment and Subscribe :D


~ BreeVixen