Sequel: Keep Me Together
Status: <3

Love Makes Blind

Worried.

Paul felt like shit for lying to Elia. He wasn’t going to eat dinner with his mom. He wasn’t going be patrolling for two hours. He had asked the junior he stood up last night to come to his house. The girl sat at his porch and jumped up when she saw Paul jogging towards her.
“Hi Paul.” She said and giggled.
“Hi.. Eh, what was your name again?” He had completely forgotten her name.
“Fiona.” She said and frowned.
“Fiona.” he gave her a fake smile and thought about Elia. “Do you want to come inside?”
“Of course.” She took his hand and walked in before him.

Paul had her pressed up against the wall the second the door closed behind them. He thought about the kiss Elia had placed on his neck, and how beautiful she had looked when she sat in front of him at the sink in the ladies room, how good it had felt with her fingers on his lips. Her neck and the look in her face when he kissed it. It was all he needed. He lifted Fiona and she wrapped her feet around his waist and moaned. He rushed to his bedroom and felt like the worst man on earth. He was probably the only one that would cheat on his imprint.

Elia was bored. She already missed Paul. She felt stupid for it. She had only known him for a day.
“Darin?” she said.
“Yes, bambina?” he replied while he was rinsing of their plates.
“Can you read to me?” she asked him.
“Of course, go sit down; I’ll get the book we read last night.” He walked out of the room and Elia walked into the living room.

“Oh God, Paul, that was amazing. Let’s do it again.” Fiona started crawling over Paul again.
He was disgusted with himself. He was staring at the roof, only thinking about Elia. “I can’t, I have some things I have to do.” he started getting up.
“What? Do you have more charity work to do for that blind girl?” Paul glared at Fiona.
“It’s not charity work, she’s my friend, and her name is Elia! Get out of my house.”
“Okay, just be a bitch.” She got up and started get dressed.

Paul just took on some cut of jeans and waited for Fiona to leave. He walked into the living room and found his mom watching TV.
Paul was shocked. “Shouldn’t you be at work?” he asked his mother Melinda.
“That wasn’t Elia.” his mother said, not looking up.
“No it was Fiona.” Paul said and crossed his arms.
“I told you not to mess it up Paul.” Her tone was stern.
“She won’t know, and to be true, mom, it’s none of your fucking business.”
“Don’t take that tone to me Paul!” her mother stood up.
“I’m going out. I have patrol.” Paul started towards the door.
“Be home by midnight, and be careful.” Her voice became worried and Paul walked over and hugged her. He loved his mother.
“I’ll try.”
Melinda knew her son was a werewolf. She didn’t want to know everything about it, she knew the legends, but she was worried about him.

“Have you found any jobs yet?” Elia asked her older brother.
“I have talked to some model companies, and I’m sending them my portfolio tomorrow.” Darin answered his sister.
“That’s good.” Elia lay on her brother’s arm in the sofa. He had just finished the book they had been reading.
Darin laughed. “Remember that advertise we modeled for together when you were ten and I fourteen?”
Elia laughed too. “That was real fun, I remember the director getting real mad when my eyes were on different places than he wanted.”
“Have you decided what you want to do when you’re done with high school?”
Elia was quiet. “I don’t know. I want to get a well paid job, so I can save for the operation myself. I hate knowing you and ma struggles. Maybe I’ll get a loan from the bank when I’m old enough.”
“Elia, you know we can’t get a loan. Ma is doing as best as she can, and one day, I’ll be a big, world famous model, and I can pay for the operation.” Darin said and stroked his sister’s hair.
“No, you have to save money for yourself, to your family.” She urged.
“But you are my family bambina.”
Elia sighed. “I think I’ll go to bed.”
“Do you want me to follow you?” Darin asked.
“No, it’s okay.”

‘Sam, do you mind if I go check in on Elia?’ Paul asked Sam.
‘Are you planning on telling her you fucked another girl?’ Jared asked him.
‘Shut the hell up, Jar.’
‘When are you going to tell her you’re a wolf?’ Jared pressed Paul.
‘I don’t know Jared, I met her yesterday.’ Paul growled at his best friend. He hated when the pack was nagging on him.
‘Go, but be back in two hours, tops.’ Sam commanded.

Paul was in the woods right outside Elia’s house. He phased and walked up to her front door and knocked twice. Her brother opened the door.
“Is Elia in?” Paul asked.
“Yes, she’s in her room.” Darin answered.
“Can I go see her?”
“No shirt, no trespassing.” Darin crossed his arms over his chest.
Paul groaned. “I’ll be right back.”
He ran almost as fast as he could back to his house. He ran past his mother and grabbed a t-shirt from his bed.
“Where’s the fire?” his mother asked.
“I’m going to see Elia.” he ran out the door before she had the chance to answer.

He knocked Elia’s door again. Darin opened.
“Can I come in now?” Paul asked.
“Up the stairs, second door to the right.” Darin sighed and moved out of Paul’s way.
He jogged up the stairs and knocked on the second door to the right.
“Darin, I said good night!” he heard her voice and his heart started beating faster. He opened her door peeked his head in. She was digging through the drawers on a commode.
“Do you need any help?” he asked and smiled.
“Paul!” she grinned and opened her arms. He walked over and hugged her.
“I didn’t think you would come.” She said when he let her go.
Paul shrugged. “I wanted to see you. So, do you need any help?”
“I can’t find any of my pajamas.” She frowned.
He looked down in the drawer and picked out a blue short shorts and a white tank top and handed them to her. “Here you go. Do you want me to wait outside while you change?”
“No, just close your eyes.” She said and started open her jeans.
Paul closed his eyes. “But what if I peek?”
“I trust you, you know.” She said, and Paul knew he wouldn’t look, as much as he wanted.

“Why don’t you have any black clothes?” he asked her. He noticed when he looked in the drawer.
“As I said earlier, I don’t like black.”
“My hair is black.” He mumbled.
Elia was done and put her hands in Paul’s hair.
“That’s not the same. I’m sure your hair is beautiful.” She smiled when she felt the softness of his hair.
Her hair was down so she put it up in a high top before she walked over to her bed and lay down. “Do you want to lay with me? I’m tired.”
“Of course.” Paul lay down beside her and pulled the covers over both of them.
She snuggled close to his chest, her back against his chest and her head on his arm. He wrapped them around her and held her really carefully.
“Are you comfy?” he asked.
“Yes, you are really warm, my own personal bed warmer.”
Paul chuckled. He couldn’t help but kiss her neck. It was right in front of his face and he smelled her sweet scent. He smiled when she got goose bumps. He kissed her neck again.
She giggled, and then laughed.
“Do you want me to stop?” he asked, but placed another kiss closer to her ear.
“No, it’s just, you made me giggle, and no one has ever made me giggle before. I’m not a giggly girl.”
“So you don’t have anything about my kisses.” He asked.
“No. I don’t have anything against them.” she giggled again.
He turned her around and looked at her face. How much he wished she could see. “Do you want to memorize my face again?”
“Yes.” Elia put her hands on his cheeks, she stroked her thumb over his lower lip twice, and she bent closer and kissed his chin. And then she moved her hands to his forehead and hair.

Then Paul saw her thin wrist in front of his eyes. He sat up abruptly and grabbed them. Paul stroked his fingers across the thin red mark that ran from her palm and to inches down her arm.
“What did you do?” he whispered, shocked.
She hid her arms around her back and looked down. “I tried to kill myself.”
“What? Why?” Paul asked desperately.
It happened two years ago. Some kids on my school were bullying me and I had no friends. I found a razor one day, and cut my wrists. My mom was home, she saved me. If she had been a half a minute later, I would have bled to death.” Elia whispered and lifted her hand to Paul’s cheek. It surprised her that it was wet, a tear.
“But why did you want to kill yourself?” He asked.
“I didn’t want to live anymore; I wanted to go to heaven, to meet my dad again. And I’m sure I could see in heaven. I was in hospital for two months.”
Paul pulled her up in his lap and pressed his head against his hair. “Promise me you’ll never ever so that again.”
“I won’t. Please don’t be sad Paul, I’m alright now. I have you.” She lifted her head again and dried of a tear running down his face.
“Okay. Get some sleep.” He lay down again and pulled her against his chest.
“Don’t ever leave me Paul.” She whispered.
“I won’t”

They were silent for a while until he heard her mumble his name. He was about to answer when he realized she was talking in her sleep. Paul got out of her bed carefully, and walked down the stairs.
“She fell asleep.” He told her brother.
“Okay. Thanks.” Darin said. He was watching the news.

Paul walked out to the woods and phased. He wanted most to go home and dream about Elia. The clock was past midnight, and he knew his mother would be worried. He couldn’t do anything though; it was his duty to protect the people of La Push, and Elia.
♠ ♠ ♠
~ BreeVixen