Sequel: Keep Me Together
Status: <3

Love Makes Blind

Steady.

[Elia's Point of View]

“Can’t you at least give it some time, Elia? Think it over.” Leah suggested.
I paced the living room floor in front of her and Darin. “I told you, I already have. La Push holds nothing for me.”
“Elia.” Darin said and rose to his feet. He placed both his hands on my shoulders to stop me. “We have to stay together. Our mother wanted us to.”
I looked up at him with pained eyes. “But she also told me to live my life, and that is what I have to do.”

“What about Matteo?” Leah asked me.
I groaned. “Seriously, I won’t go near him!”
“Stop acting like a kid.” Darin said and turned away from me.
“Then you two should stop acting like you are my parents. You are not my father Darin and you are not my mother, Leah.” I was starting to lose my temper. They treated me like I was… unable to make my own decisions.

I saw the expression in Leah’s eyes before she got the chance to hide it. She had just stopped phasing and was hoping to get pregnant soon. She brushed off my comment.
“What about our wedding?” Darin asked, not willing to back down.
“Angelo and Nonna and the rest are coming so I can just go with them.” I had solutions to everything they said, because I had thought it through even if they didn’t believe me.
“You are my maid of honor.”
“I was Valeira’s maid of honor as well. It worked out perfectly.”

“Just please, Elia, don’t leave just yet.” Darin begged.
“I am going whether you like it or not. I can make my own decisions and there is nothing you can do to stop me.” I crossed my arms tightly over my chest.

“I am pregnant.” Leah said silently from the couch.
My mouth fell open.
“We weren’t planning on telling anyone yet, but I want you to know that Elia.” Leah walked over to me and took my hand.
“I… I-“ I was speechless. “I’m happy for you.”
“I want you to stay and help me.” She continued. “Because you are my sister and will be the aunt of this child.”
“How far along are you?” I managed to ask.
“One month only.”
“Then I’ll be back before its born.” I said managing to get back my determined thoughts.

Leah closed her eyes and walked away from me. “Okay then, if that’s how you want it. Just leave.”
“Leah…” Darin said and walked over to her.
“No, I mean it. I don’t want her here if she will be so selfish and self-centered.” Leah turned to me. “We haven’t been anything than good to you Elia. I may not be your mother, but I have been in your life for over five years now and I demand a little respect from you.”

I flinched. “I’m not doing this to hurt you or disrespect you Leah, I’m doing this because I can’t stay here. Everywhere I look, everywhere I turn and everyone I meet remind me of what is missing. I know he’s only going to be gone for six months, but it feels like I have lost him and I don’t want to sit around here and wait for him when he could leave me so easily.
“You know how I’m feeling Leah because you had it almost the same way with Sam, only that you couldn’t leave. Now please, just let me go.”

I saw the tears in her eyes but she wiped them away and walked over to me.
“Leave Elia. Please go and live your life. I’m sorry.” She wrapped her arms around me.
“Thank you Lee. I love you.” I smiled and kissed her cheek.
“Darin?” I asked and looked at him.
His expression was conflicted. “Promise to watch your back, and don’t be alone with Matteo.”
I rolled my eyes. “I’m not afraid of him. But thank you.”

“Can one of you follow me over to Melinda? I have to explain everything to her, and then I want to go over to Sam’s.”
Leah nodded. “I’ll go with you.”

^^^

“I hate you for leaving me, Elinora.” Seth said as he hugged me. He hugged me closely and wasn’t planning to let go. “But you know I love you.”
“I love you too, Seth.” I smiled up at him. “But you won’t even miss me; you’ll be too busy with Sofia.”
Seth shook his head. “She’s great, but she is not my best friend.”
“Aww, Seth, you have to much love in you.” I said and brushed my fingers over his cheek.
“Yeah, Yeah, I know, but promise me to come back sometime.” He hugged me again.

“Don’t worry Seth. I’ll come back when he comes back. And we are going to have a nephew or niece soon as well.” I got tears in my eyes when I stared up in his dark brown ones. They held so much emotions, so much love.
“Good bye, Elinora.” He said to me formally.
“Good bye, Seth.” I said to him and pecked his lips with a friendly kiss.

The airport was buzzing from all the people that were traveling somewhere in the world, but also the small, or rather big group of people that was gathered around us. I hugged everyone, Darin being the last one.

“[Say hello till mother from me.]” His eyes were red around the edges from hiding his feelings.
I buried my face in his jacket and cried a little. “[I will Darin. I’ll miss you.]”
“I’ll miss you too, sorella.” Darin kissed both my cheeks tenderly. “[I’ll miss you so much it will get hard to handle.]”
“[Take care of Leah and the baby.]” I told him.
“[And you will have to take care of yourself].” He smiled sadly at me.
“[Let me grow up Darin, I need to stand on my own feet for once.]”

“My beautiful sister. I’m so proud of you.” He said as he let go of me. “Now go so you don’t miss your plane.”
“Good bye everyone!” I waved at them with tears in my eyes.
“You’ll do great, Elia.” Darin smiled at me.
“Be careful.” Seth said and rushed over to hug me one last time.

I looked over my shoulder as I walked away from them. My friends and family; I would come back, I could feel it. Sometime, I would come back. To Darin, my perfect big brother and Leah, the one that I can rely on. And Seth, my… my helper, my friend, my brother, my safe harbor. Through everything the last five years, he had been there, safe and steady.

That was what I had to find; something safe and steady.
♠ ♠ ♠
[Blah, Blah, Blah - write something witty about the story here]

You know what I say, comment and make me happy. Nine hundred comments, only one hundred comments left till thousand :D And thank you for all the comments on the last chapter, I want as many now:) Thank you for comments on my other stories as well!

I just saw Eclipse, it was amazing! I won't spill all the details because I doubt everyone has seen it yet. But I loved the little part Kirsten Prout (She's the one that portraits Elia) was in :)

Comment and Subscribe! :D

~ BreeVixen