Sequel: Keep Me Together
Status: <3

Love Makes Blind

Roomie.

Elia had been in Parghelia for a month and started feeling at home again. Angelo was teaching her how to write and read and she was doing great progress; they were both hoping she could get a job soon. Elia had no time to think over why she left or think too much on him; when Angelo wasn’t teaching her or Gina dragging her out on every event or party she was with her Nonna.

Nonna had gotten a lot older; she was seventy-three years old, but had kept herself healthy until a few months ago she had a stroke. She needed help to clean the house and take her medicine; Elia had gladly taken on the responsibility. Though of course she traded off with a home nurse at nights and days she had no time.

Tonight Elia would go to a party with Gina and Angelo. She wasn’t really in the party mood but she had to keep herself occupied and Gina was practically begging her to go. The party was a private arrangement at a nightclub in Torpea. Angelo was staying sober and would be their driver; and he was also going to look out for the two young women.

It was one of those parties with pumping music and a full dance floor where you could only move with the crowd. Elia had found out many things about herself that she didn’t know before the last month. She was good at dancing; she had the rhythm in her body and it came naturally to her. And she loved attention. She and Gina would dance together in the middle of the dance floor and people formed a circle around them, cheering them to dance more.

Elia needed a break after dancing nonstop for two hours and went to order herself a new drink.
She slumped down at a bar stool and drew in a tired breath.
“I’ll have a mojito.” she told the bartender and started searching for money in her small purse.
“Five Euros.” The female bartender said and placed the drink in front of her.
Elia was just about to hand her the money when a man sat down beside her and put the money on the counter.

“Thank you.” She smiled at him and took a sip of her drink.
“No problem. You are Elia, right?” he asked and ordered himself a beer.
“Yes, how do you know my name?” She asked him confused.
“Rumor has it that a beautiful blond haired girl steals attention at parties with her dance moves.” He smirked at her.
Elia blushed and looked away; she searched the crowd for Angelo.
“My name is Alesso.” He extended his hand towards her and Elia shook it with a smiled.

“Again, thank you for the drink, but I have to go find my friends.” She took another sip of it but didn’t recognize the slight change in flavor.
She stood up again and started to walk away when he grabbed her arm. Elia was a little buzzed by her earlier drinks and stumbled towards him. She suddenly feels dizzy and falls limply against his chest.

Alesso takes her drink and place it back on the counter and with a smile stands up and plan to drag her with him, but a strong arm lands on his shoulder and stop.
“Where the hell do you think you’re going with her?” Angelo ask with fury.
“Who the fuck do you think you are?” He looks at Angelo in disbelief, but his expression changes when he looks into the deadly eyes of Angelo.
Angelo quickly tastes Elia’s drink and notice the off taste off it. “You spiked her drink!” He yelled at Alesso and take Elia from him. “You sick pervert, get the hell out of my sight before I do something I would regret.”
“You’ve got to be kidding me.” Alesso mumbles, but walk out the exit with no backward glance.

Angelo is grateful over his self-control and temper; if not he would have phased. He still felt the rage inside of him but looking down at Elia’s dull face made him push it away and start looking around for Gina. No way in hell he would leave her behind now. He found her dancing – no surprise – and grabbed her around the waist and led her outside with Elia on the other arm.

“What happened to her?” Gina asked him in a slurred voice, she had a few drinks herself.
“Some pervert drugged her.” Angelo muttered and starting driving.
Gina sat with her arm around Elia in the back seat. “Will she be okay?” she asked in concern for her best friend.
“Yeah, I’ll just drop you off and get her to bed.” Angelo said and drove a little over the speed limit at the almost empty road.
Gina nodded.

Angelo followed Gina into the small apartment she shared with Mario to tell Mario why they were back so early. Mario wanted to go with Angelo to make sure Elia was okay, but Angelo told him to take care of Gina, who had already passed out on the couch.

Angelo went back out to the car and saw Elia lie in the backseat asleep. He had to carry her when they got to her house. Angelo found the house key in a flowerpot next to the door and unlocked the door easily while holding Elia up. He had to carry her upstairs and into her bedroom.

Elia woke when he placed her on the bed and removed her shoes; he had no intention on removing her dress and intrude her privacy.
“Where am I?” Elia asked and sat up slowly. Her head was still spinning as she tried to look around the room.
“Shh… Its okay, you’re home Elia. Just go back to sleep.” Angelo put the covers over her and walked to the door.
“Please stay with me.” She begged weakly.
Angelo sighed before he walked back to the bed and lay down on top of the covers beside her. Elia snuggled close to him before staring into his eyes.

Elia crashed her lips against his and wrapped her arms around his neck.
Angelo froze and pushed her away. “Elia! What are you doing?”
“I want you. I need you.” She said and tried to kiss him again.
Angelo opened the top drawer on her nightstand and grabbed a picture he knew she hid there. “No, you don’t. You miss Paul. Paul, your boyfriend.” He said and held the picture of Paul in front of her eyes.

“I don’t miss him!” Elia yelled and pushed the picture away.
“Yes you do!” Angelo said and forced her to look at the picture. “Keeping your mind busy won’t take away that.”
Tears started streaming down her cheeks. “But he left me.” She sobbed.
Angelo held her against his chest again. “He is coming back.”
“How could he just leave me?” She asked and kept crying.
“Paul loves you Elia and only did what he thought was right.” He tried to comfort her.
I miss him so much it hurts.” Elia said in a whisper.

They laid in silence for a few minutes as Angelo stroked Elia’s back.
Suddenly she sat up. “Oh god.” she said before jolting out of the bed and towards the bathroom.
Angelo followed her and held her hair as she emptied her stomach into the toilet. And her supported her back to the bed and laid her down again.
“I’m sorry.” She said and stared up at him.
“For what?” he smiled at her and kissed her forehead.
“For kissing you and crying and being fucked up.” She mumbled.
“It’s not your fault. Try to get some sleep; I’ll be in one of the guestrooms.”
Elia nodded and closed her eyes.

Sleep came easily and she slept for ten hours before she woke again because of the sun shining directly in on her bed. Her head was spinning and her throat as dry as a desert. Her mouth tasted crappy and she could imagine her hair standing out in every direction. Elia had absolutely no memory from last night; not after entering the party. She noticed she still had her dress on so she quickly changed into a pair of sweats and a tank top before brushing her teeth and hair.

She heard someone in her kitchen when she walked downstairs and was on guard. Elia hated the early hours and nights when she was on her own; then her mind started wandering to places she didn’t want to be. She poked her head through the doorway and sighed in relief when she saw Angelo sitting at the kitchen table with the morning paper and a cup of coffee.
“How are you feeling today?” Angelo asked her without looking up.
“Like crap.” She answered and poured herself a cup of coffee and sat down across from him. “What are you doing here so early?” she asked.

Angelo folded the newspaper and stared at her with intruding eyes. “A man drugged you at the party; I stayed to make sure you were okay.”
Elia’s eyes widened. “That explains why I can’t remember anything.”
“Not one thing?” He asked her.
She shook her head and drank her coffee slowly, savoring the feeling of the warm liquid warming her dry throat.

Angelo debated whether or not to tell her about the kiss, but decided against it. He didn’t want her to suffer with a bad conscious.
So he smiled at her. “What are your plans for the day?”
“Nothing, what can you offer me to do? I don’t want to be stuck in this big house all alone?” Elia went to get more coffee.

“You should really look around for a smaller apartment.” Angelo suggested and walked over to a cabinet and found a bow with cereal and poured it into a bowl before placing it in front of Elia. He didn’t bother with the milk, he knew she liked them dry.
“I have been thinking about renting out some of the guestrooms.” Elia said and started on the cereal.
“Are you planning on letting strangers love with you?” He asked in shock.
“Not necessary; I know Gina and Mario are looking for a better place to live and Matteo is tired of living with his parents. And I don’t know, don’t you think it’s time for you to move away from your father? You do have a job and are grown up.” Elia rambled on, making it sound casual.

Angelo’s eyes were wide. “Are you kidding me?” He asked her.
She shook her head with a smile.
“Of course! I could move in. And I’m sure Gina would love to.” Angelo grinned at her.
“High-five, roomie!” Elia said and raised her hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please don't hate Elia, she was drunk and upset and blah blah.
Okay, I don't like this chapter because it suck and I had to write it two times. I'm a little out of it, or I don't have any inspirations right now.

So, because of that I have a little suggestion for you. Does anyone want me to write you a one-shot? It can be about anything. About Twilight, or maybe you want me to write a one-shot with someone from this story? Just ask me! I like challenges and I want to get better at writing. I have summer vacation now, but no plans until the 17th of July, so time is on my hands :D

I'll update when I have eight new comments !

Comment and Subscribe :)


~ BreeVixen

PS, I wrote an one-shot today for a contest, please tell me what you think about it!
A Girl.