Sequel: Keep Me Together
Status: <3

Love Makes Blind

Epilogue: Twice.

[One Year Later]

“What is taking him so long?” Leah sighed and looked at her watch again.
Elia rested her hands on her bulging stomach and smiled. “Maybe he’s stuck in traffic?”
“No… It’s not like Seth to be late.” Leah shook her head in worry and glanced at little Harry where he sat on the living room floor and played with his toys. “Something’s wrong. I’ll try to call him again.” But just as she picked up her cell phone the house phone started ringing.

Elia managed to sit down at the floor next to Harry and didn’t listen to the conversation Leah had with whoever had called. Leah and Elia were on their way to a spa appointment in Port Angeles and Seth was supposed to babysit Harry because Darin was at work.

“Oh no. It has to be a mistake. Are you sure it was her?” Leah asked in a sad voice.
Elia was worried at once and stood up again and walked over to Leah just as she hung up. “Who was it?” She asked her and furrowed her brows.
Leah stared at her with wide eyes. “It was my mom; she got a call from the hospital. Sofia and Seth were in a car accident.” A tear ran down her face.
Elia shook her head and felt something break inside her, a mental pain that made her wrap her arms around herself. “No. No. He can’t be…” she couldn’t bring herself to say the words.

Leah drew in a deep breath before she spoke. “Seth was okay, of course. But Sofia… She- She died instantly.”
“No.” Elia’s eyes brimmed with tears as she tried to take in the information. The smiley girl she had gotten so close to was gone, it felt so surreal.
“And the doctor mom talked to said Seth ran out of the hospital right after they told him, he didn’t even want to see Sofia. No one knows where he is.”

“I know. I have to go. I have to find him.” Elia said and walked out of the house as fast as she managed before Leah could stop her. Tears ran down her face but it didn’t show because of the heavy rain. Elia regretted not putting her jacket on; the weather was freezing because it was only January.

She saw him sitting near the cliff edge when she reached the beach and she hurried up the trail to reach him. He didn’t look up from where he sat with his arms wrapped around his knees and head hanging down. Elia sat down beside him even though the ground was soaked. She said nothing and they sat in silence just listening to the crashing waves beneath them. Elia put her arm around his shoulder and pulled him closer when he started shaking in sorrow and silent sobs left his mouth.

“She is gone. She is really gone. I- I don’t know what happened. It happened so fast. I didn’t even get a scratch and she-“ He broke of mid sentence as the sorrow over powered him and he rested his head on Elia’s shoulder.
“Shh…” Elia murmured and brushed her hand over his wet hair. She knew it was probably dangerous to be near a shape shifter with so shaken emotions but right now she couldn’t have cared less.

“I lost her. I lost the reason of my existence. I don’t know what to do, Elia.” He said in a desperate voice and looked at her with pleading eyes.
Elia’s sight was blurred with her own tears and she didn’t know what to say. She pulled him into a hug and kept her arms around him. Elia had almost lost Paul once and she was always worried for him, but she couldn’t even imagine the pain of actually losing him.

Suddenly Elia felt a jolt of pain in her lower spine and she winced. It hurt like hell. Seth didn’t notice anything because he still had his face buried on her shoulder. The pain disappeared, but Elia started to wonder if her little baby was ready to face the world. She didn’t say anything before the pain came again and she groaned when she felt how intense it was.

“Are you okay?” Seth finally noticed her body stiffening and watched her as she pressed her eyes shut in pain and groaned again.
Her breath was ragged when she spoke. “You have to get me to the hospital. I think the labor has started.” A smile managed to creep onto her lips before it turned into a grimace when she had another contraction.
Seth flinched with the thought of going back to that place but he lifted Elia carefully up in his arms and walked to Leah’s house, because he had no car, obviously.

^^^

Leah called Paul at work and he met them at the hospital, where also Darin was waiting with a wheelchair – he was no obstetrician but he made sure Elia was okay before he, Harry, Leah and Seth watched Paul follow after Elia into the hospital room, they had to wait outside.

The loss of Sofia cast a shadow over the joyful event. Seth was still crying soundlessly and Leah held his hand tightly and whispered soothing words to him. Darin was shaken by the accident as well; he had been the doctor at the emergency room when they brought her in, he was the one that had to send her directly to the morgue; any attempt on saving her would be in vain because of the major damage on her vital organs.

An hour passed before Elia’s screams of pain stopped and was replaced by the crying of a baby with good lungs. The doors were opened ten minutes later and Paul walked out of the room with a grin that reached from ear to ear. His happiness was radiating off of him. it made Seth feel even worse and he stood up and walked away before Paul even got to say anything.

Paul’s smile faltered for a nanosecond before it came back and he turned to Leah and Darin.
“A girl. A black haired, healthy girl.” He grinned.

^^^

Elia stared at the baby with loving eyes. She looked so peaceful, the perfect little girl. Paul hadn’t left their side once. He felt so lucky he couldn’t word it. he sat mostly without saying anything. He just randomly pointed out little facts like she had Elia’s nose. He brushed his fingers carefully over the head, a little scared of the fragile little thing.

Someone knocked on the door and Elia told them to come in. it was late at night and visiting hours was over so she thought it was just a nurse bringing supper. Seth stepped into the room. He was carrying a little brown teddy bear in his hand, but Elia noticed the drawn look on his face – he looked at least five years older.
“Sorry for bolting earlier.” He mumbled and stood awkwardly in the middle of the room.
Elia smiled softly at him. “It’s okay, come and meet Elenia Talley.”
Seth walked closer to the side of the bed and stared down at the baby girl just as she opened her eyes just a little bit in a tired manner. Paul hadn’t looked up from her since he saw it was just Seth coming.

Seth’s eyes widened when he saw the baby and his mouth fell open. He sat down at the chair next to the bed and stared at the little thing with captivated eyes.

Elia couldn’t help but smile a little. “Paul, is it possible for a shape-shifter to imprint twice?” Elia whispered and turned to Paul.
Paul’s head shot up immediately and he stared at Seth. He recognized the look in his eyes immediately.

For fucks sake, Seth!
♠ ♠ ♠
I finished it. I actually managed to finish a story with eighty-six chapters :) I'm proud of me.

And SURPRISE! A sequel is coming. Because I was away from my lap top for two weeks and couldn't write. I kept thinking and thinking about this story and the idea formed itself before I could stop it. I don't know when I'll have the first chapter up but just go and subscribe for it now and you'll know ;)

Keep Me Together <----

I want to thank you all for reading this story, for subscribing and for commenting it means a lot to me, probably more than you know. I'm really grateful and I wouldn't have come this far with out your support. And I reached my goal, which was one thousand comments.

Thank you very much everyone! :D

Lots of Love from yours truly,

~ BreeVixen

PS, The sequel will be a Seth fan-fiction, because Elia and Paul got their happily ever after, their story is over. They will of course be characters in the sequel so you'll still get to read about them :)