Status: Discontinued.

Strike up the Band

Chapter 3

Ryan's eyes slowly fluttered open, staring up at the ceiling. For a few moments, he wondered where he was until he could feel a faint breathing. He slowly lifted his head only to see Stephanie''s short black hair. He could feel her hands, one on his chest and one resting on his pelvic area. His hand slowly reached over and grasped her left hand that was on his waist and moved it onto his chest. As he moved it, the underside of her wrist caught the light.

It was covered in scars; so old and some new. Ryan had to bite his lip to prevent a noise from escaping them. Soon the metallic taste of his blood touched his tongue but Ryan didn't notice.

Was she really that upset that she would resort to physically harming her body? Ryan sighed, laying his head back down onto the couch. Why hadn't she trusted him enough to tell him what she was doing to herself?

A small noise alerted Ryan that Stephanie was slowly waking up from her sleep. Hastily, he put her hand back on his pelvic area, hoping she wouln't notice anything.

"My god...Ry, what time is it?" Stephanie yawned widely, turning her head around to stare at him.

Ryan slowly sat up, taking Stephanie with him so that she sat on his lap. He glanced at the clock on the table before replying, "It's 8:32. We've been asleep for like 30 minutes."

Stephanie nodded, her head resting on Ryan's chest. "Were you awake the whole time?" she asked.

"Not really, I woke up a few minutes ago myself." He replied. "I just like to watch you sleep."

"You've watched me sleep before?" Stephanie asked, confused.

"Remember? When you stole my bed the first week we knew each other. Brendon wouldn't let you sleep with him and you didn't know Jon and Spencer." Ryan grinned.

Stephanie nodded. "Oh yeah.." she said quietly. "I remember someone that wouldn't keep off of me." she added.

Ryan let out a sigh, "Hey, don't blame me, I was drunk because your idiotic brother wanted a drinking contest! At least I didn't..." he trailed off, feeling awkward.

"I get the point." Stephanie said quickly, saving Ryan from having to explain himself.

She tried to stand but Ryan had a grip on her waist, casuing her to tumble back onto him. Giggling, Ryan tried to pin her down but the couch was too small to do anything. Soon Stephanie had him pinned down onto the couch and was straddling him to keep him down.

"Got'cha!" She smiled cheekily down at him. Ryan pretended to glare at her.

"Can you wait until we're in private before we do this, and not in your brother's living room?" he asked.

Stephanie's cheeks blushed red and she got up off of Ryan, standing beside the couch. "Is that all that boys think about?" she asked, embarrassment showing in the way she stood.

"Most of the time, yeah." Ryan said, propping himself up off the couch with his elbows.She sighed as he got up to his feet and walked over to Stephanie, wrapping his arms around her slender body. He used his free hand to tilt Stephanie's chin upward so she was looking directly at him. His head moved downward so only inches were between them. Stephanie's eyes widened as their lips connected, and Ryan smiled into the kiss. He loved to see the effect he had on her. He drew back before the kiss went any further, his forehead reasting against hers.

"Maybe we should go to your room." he went on.

Stephanie laughed softly. She began walking up to her room, leading Ryan by the arm. She opened the door to her room quietly so that she didn't attract anyone's anntention and she left Ryan go in first before shutting the door.

_______________________________________________________________________

Here's the deal folks. I have two different chapters written up for two different outcomes. A) If you're into that kind of stuff, and you know what i'm talking about, post it. or B) You dont really want to read that stuff so I should probably post the decent chapter. You have until Monday at 3:00 on the East Coast before results are final!!!