Status: Short Story/ Contest Entry

It's Fatal

Slash Elimination Contest

Bipolar disorder involves periods of excitability (mania) alternating with periods of depression. The "mood swings" between mania and depression can be very abrupt.

Jayden usually has his bipolar disorder under control when he takes his pills. But one morning, in a rush to get to school, he forgets to take his medication. By far one of the worst mistakes to make on the day he planned on asking out his long time crush, things take an awkward turn in the wrong direction, and Timmy isn't too sure if he wants to be seen dating a Freak.

"What's wrong with you dude? Did you take your meds today?" Hopping up then landing on the floor I glared at Peter.

"No shit man what do I look like? A crazy dumbass. I took my meds yesterday."

"You're supposed to take them every morning!" I scratched my head squinting.

"No man I'm good." I spotted Timmy then jumped up and down happily. "Look! Timmy, Timmy!" I said pointing in his direction. Then I sprinted towards him and tackled him into a hug.

"Uhh hi Jayden." I grinned looking up at him then glanced back and forth between him and his friends. One of his friends had really chubby cheeks. Smiling I lifted my hand and smack him across the face. His cheeks made a funny slapping sound. The guy's face turned red and he gave me a dirty look before cocking back one of his fists. Oh shit...
  1. Forgot my pills
    One shot