Sequel: Zombie Squad

No Love For the Dead

VIII

"There is a disturbance on Olive Avenue, it seems that two people are being assaulted in front of the abandoned Albertsons. Car 54, where are you?" Simon picked up the radio's transmitter. "Uhh, we are Next to the Bear Creek Plaza. We will be there as fast as we can." The woman on the other line was quiet for a few seconds. Simon was scared that maybe he would be caught breaking the law. After a tense few seconds she replied with, "Alright. But hurry." Simon was relieved by this. He sped down the street with the siren blaring. He made a sharp turn into the store parking lot. Sure enough, two people were being attacked by zombies. They heard the sirens from the car and forgot all about the two guys.
"I'll take this one," said Simon. He grabbed his crowbar and stepped out of the car. The two guys tried to run off, but Simon yelled "Stop! Stay there, we need to make sure you weren't bitten or scratched." He walked up to both the zombies and smacked them as hard as he could across their faces. Blood splattered everywhere as they fell to the ground. Simon put the crowbar as high as he could above his head and struck down. He walked over to the two guys. Both had blank expressions on their faces.
Simon walked towards them, covered in blood from his long day and pulled out a package of gum. "Want some?" They both looked at him with blank faces. He checked them and saw they were neither bitten or scratched. So, he walked back to the car and drove off. While driving they heard that a woman saw someone walking around in her backyard. They answered the call and drove to her house. David said he would take this one. He grabbed his machine gun and walked up to the woman's door. He knocked. After waiting a few seconds the door opened. The lady saw a man standing there with his clothes covered with dried up blood. "Who are you?" she asked in amazement.
"Just a part of your local Zombie Squad. I'm here to get rid of this man in your backyard." "You're not going to shoot him are you?" she asked while looking at his gun. "Maybe," he replied while walking into her house. Simon, David, and Johnny drove down all of Merced and took as many calls as they could. They killed zombies at the park, at the arcade, pretty much anywhere in Merced. And, they felt good helping out there community. All they had to do was leave a river of infected blood in their path. "So," David asked Simon, "Are you glad you did this?" "Yeah," replied Simon with a smile on his face, "I am." They then drove off to their next job....

ONE YEAR LATER

The streets of Merced's downtown were filled with people for the celebration. Right in front of the Courthouse was where the podium was built. Sitting up there were three people, David, Simon, and Johnny. Standing there and talking was the mayor of Merced. "It is one year today that these three brave souls helped out our town from the sudden invasion of these ugly monsters. And for that, we thank them. But, they didn't stop there, no! For about a year they took it into their own hands to help our town. Serving vigilante justice whenever they could. Which is why I have a suprise for you three."
David paid no attention to what the mayor was saying, because sitting right in front of him was a double-d blonde wearing a very tight shirt. He stared at her with his mouth open, waiting for one of them to pop out. "The bill has been passed and the people have voted. You three are now honorary members of the military, AND, you are now going to have your own headquarters for your job. But, that's not the best part. You will be making $250,00 a year. Each!"
David was put out of his trance by these words. He looked at the mayor with a surprised look on his face, "No shit?" he said. The mayor looked at him and smiled. "No shit!" yelled David with a big smile on his face. He ran up to the mayor and shook his hand. "I got one thing to say," said David into the microphone, "Whenever anyone in Merced is in trouble the Zombie Squad will be there. Whenever you feel that you are in danger, call us. And before you know it, the Zombie Squad will be there. Because we have one motto. What is it guys?" Simon and Johnny got up and joined David at the microphone. The three of them yelled in unison with big smiles on their faces, "If something is dead, we'll make it deader!"
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the end of the beginning... Leave comments!