Status: Comments = More chapters :)

Road to Joy

The sun came up with no conclusion

As I did my daily routine; consisting of waking up, getting dressed, brushing my teeth, washing my face and going downstairs for breakfast; I couldn't help but feel miserable in this town of constant cloud cover. Sure, It was a break from all the hot sun of Arizona, but still, I think I might be getting homesick? No, must just be the rain.
“Morning Dad.” I said cheerfully to my also glum-looking father, Charlie.
“Hey there, Bells.” He said taking a swig of his overly-sugared coffee. As I took a few bites of my jam on toast, Charlie began, “There's a new family just moved up the road from the Cullen's yesterday morning.”
“Oh?” I replied, forgetting my downcast mood “Who are they?” I asked, now curious.
“Mr and Mrs Cassiel and their five daughters. They have a few pets too.” As he said this, I noticed a few crumbs on his chin.
“Urm, Dad?” I said, hiding my grin.
“Yeah, Bells?”
“Nothing. Have a nice day at work.” Oh well.
“You too honey.”

As he left, Edward walked through the door and smiled at me. “Ready yet?” He asked.
I just replied with a smile and an 'Mhmm'.
The ride in his silver Volvo was pleasantly silent, until Edward interrupted me from my day-dreaming, “Im guessing Charlie's told you about the Cassiel family.” More of a statement than a guess.
“Yeah, five daughters, right? They're probably going to be at the school today.” I said.
“Probably. My father told me they had an older sister who committed suicide. They just wanted to start over and get away from it all.” He said solemnly.
My heart sunk. How could somebody do that to their family? “That's awful. I hope they aren't treated as outcasts. People round here are very opinionated.” I said, recalling peoples reactions to me and Edward.

As we arrived at the school parking lot, we went to stand over with Edwards siblings and wait for the doors to open. We were a little early after all.
As they talked about a school trip to Port Angeles, I just blanked out. I couldn't focus on what they were conversing about, my mind wandered to the Cassiel girls. I don't think I could live if somebody so close to me ended their own life. There must have been a reason. Or maybe Im just being too nosey, after all, I don't even know them.
“Bella!?” Said Alice, waving a dainty hand in my face. “Are you okay? You look a little pale. Well, a little more pale than usual I should say.” She finished with a smile.
“Just tired.” I replied, shaking my head.

As we went our separate ways, Me and Edward walked into our tutor room. A small crowd had gathered around two girls sat at the back. It must be the Cassiel girls.
“Seats everybody please!” Shouted our tutor, Mr. Miars.
The class scrambled quickly to their seats. I never really understood why they were scared of him, he's a generally nice person. Although I have heard the silly story that he's the real Mike Myers. Only changing his last name to fit in. It gets a few giggles now and then. But it seems its always in the back of everyone's mind.
“Good morning class. I guess you've already met the Cassiel's. But girls, why don't you come up here and tell us a bit about yourselves.”
Everyone gathered their chairs round in a circle, Mike had set out two chairs for the girls as he did his happy puppy face.

I looked at the two girls, and I have to say, they were beautiful. And I thought the Cullen's were dazzling?
There was the darker haired one, She had stunning blue eyes, almost cobalt coloured. Her hair was a chocolate brown, with perfect waves from root to tip. The other sister had white hair. Not grey or dyed, just pure white. Her hair was curly at the ends, and she had a short side fringe above her eyes. And her eyes, I couldn't tell if they were dark blue or green. Both had pale skin and high cheekbones.
“So, tell us a bit about yourselves” Mr. Miars smiled.

The white haired one started, “Well, My name's Jevette, but I go by Jevee or anything else you can get out of that.” She smiled. It was then I saw I wasn't the only one captivated by their beauty, the entire class seemed to be memorised.
“And Im Arwen.” Beautiful names match their looks. If it turns out they have a beautiful personality then there couldn't be a more perfect family.
“What about your sisters?” Jessica asked Arwen.
“We had an older sister, Laurie, but she passed away.” Arwen looked visibly upset, and bit her lip. Jevee carried on “Our other sisters Sonja and Bryce are in the year above, my twin, Bethan is in another class.” She smiled at Arwen, who smiled back.
“What about your parents?” Asked Angela.
“Our mother, also called Laurie, is an artist. And our father, Bernard is a music teacher.” Replied Jevee.
“Why do you have such freaking' odd names?” Asked Darren. He was the kind of person who used nastiness and jokes to cover up his complete idiocy, and the rather unfortunate last name.
Arwen looked completely shocked and gasped, as if nobody had ever offended her in such a way.
“We just have artistic parents and they wanted to express that through their children as well as what they do daily. Satisfied? Now I can ask you the same question, Darren Alcock.” Jevee smirked. It seemed she was almost as witty as she was beautiful. And then came no verbal reply other than a scowl from Darren.

As the general conversation carried on between everyone, I turned to look at Edward who had a look of confusion and questioning on his face.
“What's up?” I asked, a little worried.
“'I'll tell you when we're away from them.”
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think? :/