Status: It is now rated R. dun dun dunnnn

When All the Lights Go Out

t h e p r o f e s s o r ' s b e d

Barely awake, Natalie snuggled into the body next to her. She breathed in his cologne and sighed peacefully. It was faint, but it also made Natalie smile.

Suddenly Remus woke up from the sudden movement. He looked down at the blonde hair and swallowed the lump in his throat. Carefully, he got up and sat at the edge of his bed. Remus was unsure if he should wake Natalie up or not.

Actually it worked in his favor; she woke up moments after him. Natalie yawned and stretched. Her shirt barely on and her skirt had ridden up a lot. Remus was the first to notice.

Natalie looked around the room and then settled her eyes on Remus, “I- did I fall asleep here?”

Remus could only nod.

“Oh professor! I am so sorry,” Natalie quickly go up, fixing her skirt and hair. Remus stood up with her and walked towards her.

“Natalie, calm down, every thing is fine.”

“No, no this is not fine, professor. I…I slept in your bed!”

Natalie leaned up against a wall as Remus placed his hands on her shoulders, “Natalie, calm down. All you did was sleep in my…in my bed. No harm, no foul.”

Her breathing calmed down the second his calloused hands touched her. As reality sunk in Natalie felt ashamed and humiliated that she had cried in front of her professor; about a boy none the less. Fucking Alex, Natalie thought.

Remus led her over to his bed and they both sat on the edge.

“Natalie?” He asked quietly, almost afraid. “Why were you crying last night?”

The moment he mentioned it Natalie could already feel the pinch of tears in the back of her eyes. She rubbed her hands together from the twinge of coldness.

“Alex…”

Remus nodded, noting that she did not want to talk about it. But even though he didn’t ask, Natalie continued.

“He dipped out on this stupid date we were suppose to have. I mean, it’s not even a date, but like, this party and we were supposed to go together. I fucking hate parties! I mean what the fuck is happening to me, sir? Jesus, it’s like I don't even care anymore.”

Remus has never dealt with teenagers quite like this. Sure, when he was their age, but those years are far behind him. “Maybe you matured during the time you were away?”

Natalie laughed at him, “Please, I doubt that sir. But I am sorry for dumping this on you. You probably have better things to do then comfort a hormonal teenage girl.”

It was quiet for a moment and in that moment Natalie absorbed what he had said. Mature. Lupin is right, she thought. She had matured in more ways then one. In her head she laughed manically. Being mature, as the professor said, can only be beneficial in Natalie’s favor as the Queen of Slytherin.

Remus sighed and scooted an inch closer. He looked her straight in her blue eyes and mesmerized they were. “I’m always here for my students.”

Quickly, Natalie looked down. She felt the need to hold his hand, but ignored it, “Thank you professor.”

Remus stood up fixing his blazer, “You know Natalie, you can call me Remus. Well, outside of class of course.”
♠ ♠ ♠
ooooh hes making his move oooooh
blah im dead tired.