Status: It is now rated R. dun dun dunnnn

When All the Lights Go Out

a s t r o n o m y t o w e r

Natalie stared at the freshly written papers in her on the table in the Great Hall. It was nearing dinner and finally did Natalie finish the essays for Remus on wandless magic. Unfortunately for her, she had one class left: Astronomy.

For the first time ever, Natalie was found to be sitting alone. It made the other students wonder what could’ve happened beneath the green flag. Not all Slytherins may be liked within their own house, but you never saw one sitting alone especially when the formally known friends are sitting in the place they’ve had all year.

Abruptly, someone sat on the opposite of Natalie, surprising her. Lexie folded her hands and smiled fake-like, “Alex told me about the conversation you two had.” She started to tap her nails on the wood in sync, something that always made Natalie cringe. “And a little bird told me you were talking to Pothead and his loser friends.”

Natalie shook her head, “What have I done to you Lexie?”

Lexie leaned in closer, “You know what I heard? The reason why you got out of camp two years early was because you…sucked dick.”

“Lexie, I told you the reason why and that isn't it,” Natalie glowered at her.

“Hey,” Lexie put her hands up in defense, “I never said I said it, besides it’s better then the actual reason. I mean, how you hide it have no idea!” Lexie started to talk louder. Natalie shook her head, silently pleading to her once best friend to stop. “Who would’ve known the warden was a wizard himself? You know what I heard? He mysteriously got replaced because apparently--,”

Natalie stood up, making the goblets spill and the plates shake. She pointed at Lexie with her wand, “Shut up, shut up, shut up!” Lexie quickly regained her posture and crossed her legs, smiling as Madame Pomfrey, who just happened to be eating dinner, carried her to the hospital wing with the help of Alex.

-

“I, uh, I talked to her a few days ago. Um, she hasn’t been overly stressed, no more then usual I guess,” Alex played with his fingers as he answered a few questions for Madame Pomfrey. “I don't mean to place blame, but Lexie provoked her miss. Natalie would never intentionally hurt someone.”

Madame Pomfrey nodded, knowing there was more to it. Natalie was quickly calmed down and was freshening up in the restroom. “You should go, Alex. It’s almost passed curfew.”

Alex nodded reluctantly. Lately, Albus has been warning the students and staff about the increasing number of dementors during night and not to mention Sirius Black, but so far he isn't much of a problem. He’s supposedly nowhere near Scotland.

-

Natalie sulked down the hallway, her robe tightened around her waist and hood up so you couldn’t see anything above her lips. Both of her hands were covered by the pockets; in one held a small bottle full of prescribed pills Natalie was to take once a day. Anxiety, Natalie laughed to herself, they had no idea.

She was instructed to go straight back to her room, but Natalie wasn’t ready to face her classmates just yet. Instead she was headed for the Astronomy Tower. The class was over which washed a feeling of relief over Natalie.

Natalie was never one to believe in such things like God, but Natalie prayed that if any dementors were outside, they wouldn’t see her. Hopefully, the robe will cloak her from anyone’s eyes or lack of eyes. It was colder then most nights, seeing how it was almost a full moon- just four days away and Natalie welcomed it with open arms. Sooner then she thought Natalie arrived at the Astronomy Tower. The tower was still somewhat brightly lit from the class and it also kept the dementors away.

The cold didn’t bite her, but made her feel calm. Natalie pulled her hood back; letting her hair be carried by the wind. As Natalie leaned over the balcony, she couldn’t help, but wonder what lies down beneath the cliff.

“I hope you aren’t thinking about jumping.”

Natalie turned around frightened, but calmed down when she saw Remus leaning against the doorway smirking.

“Oh no profess…Remus,” Natalie laughed inaudibly and crossed her arms, leaning over the balcony once again. She could feel Remus’ arms brush against hers.

“I got the papers you wrote. Natalie, you are an exceptionally bright student! I don't understand how you’re in the mess you are in.”

Natalie looked in his direction, “I don't really expect you to.” Remus looked out at the mountains and turned her way, smiling. Natalie gasped and placed her hand over her mouth. Instantly, Remus turned back.

“Remus…I didn’t mean-,”

“Of course you didn’t.” Remus bowed his head. “Not many people see them so clearly. Magic, you know, makes wonders.”

Natalie swallowed the rock in her throat and reached for Remus’ chin; making him face her. “What happened?”

Remus took Natalie’s hand into his, “Nothing to worry about, I assure you.”

Natalie’s heart quickened at his touch. She noticed Remus started to get dangerously close, his face bent slightly down. She tried to distract herself with her thoughts, but they were filled with the man in front of her.

Remus opened his eyes as Natalie met him halfway into the kiss, hard. He relaxed his muscles, easing his arms around her waist. Natalie moved her head to the right and parted her mouth, letting Remus’ tongue slither in.

Out of breath, they both pulled apart and leaned against each others foreheads. Neither believed what had just happened. They stood there for as long as they could; until the candles burned out.
♠ ♠ ♠
oh my god, finally something happened.
gasp! ill make any edits tomorrow, im kind of grounded xD

what do you think of the new layout?
comment and junk

xx
Cassi