Status: It is now rated R. dun dun dunnnn

When All the Lights Go Out

p e t e r p e t t i g r e w

A week later it was Thanksgiving, only a few handfuls of students left. Thankfully, it was just enough to where classes had to stop for a week because there were no students, not enough or no one came at all. To Natalie this meant no Defense Against The Dark Arts. Remus and she only shared a few words about the night they kissed and all the other times were interrupted.

Part of her was relieved and the other part pained to see him again.

Remus stood in Albus’ office, his hands behind his back waiting for the headmaster to arrive. Lately, his thoughts often drifted to Natalie and the kiss they shared. In his mind, it was a mistake, a one time thing, but in his heart he knew the truth.

“Ah, Remus!” Albus strolled in, motioning for Remus to sit, “Right on time.”

Remus laughed, “Of course, sir.”

Albus took his time looking through his desk drawers. When he found what he was looking for, Albus placed down The Daily Prophet. Sirius Black stared Remus in the face laughing manically.

“Albus, you know I haven’t been in contact with since he was sent to Azkaban.”

“I know that, Remus. And this doesn’t mean I don't trust you, but some of the staff is worried that you may be in contact,” Albus took off his glasses. “I don't want you making any assumptions now…”

“Was it Severus?”

“Remus, I know what you’re thinking.”

Remus shook his head, wanting to avoid an argument, “I understand. Is that all?”

Albus smiled and nodded. As Remus reached the door, Albus spoke up, “How is it going with Miss Grimm? All is well I hope.”

Remus’ back faced Albus with his eyes closed. He exhaled sharply, “Of course. Why wouldn’t it be?” Before Albus could answer Remus left. Albus raised an eyebrow, but smiled nonetheless.

In the Room of Requirements, Natalie sat in front of a sparking fireplace.

“Everything is well, I assume?”

Natalie nodded, “Yes sir?”

“Good. Sirius Black isn't a concern is he?”

“No sir.”

“Hmm, and his wolf friend?”

“Nothing unusual, sir.”

The face in the fire nodded curtly, “Good.”

Suddenly, nothing lies in front of Natalie, but ashes. She sighed heavily and fell onto the floor. This was her last year of Hogwarts, why couldn’t it just end?

The next day Natalie knew she had to settle this feeling she had with Remus. In the morning she waited for everyone to leave for breakfast before getting up to get dressed in a simple pair of ripped jeans and a v-neck long sleeved shirt.. The walk there she skillfully avoided any Slytherin. Natalie didn’t want to admit it, but she felt bad for all the kids she has hurt in the past. They didn’t do anything to her.

When she approached the door Natalie didn’t bother to knock and just opened the door. Remus stood in front of the chalkboard cleaning up around it. It was obvious he tensed up when he heard Natalie’s heels clicking on the wood floor.

Natalie sat on a desk swinging her legs before calling his name.

“Yes Natalie?”

“I figured it was a good time to talk.”

Remus noticed how she sounded like a small child, “About?”

“About past events…” Natalie gulped. “Did you hear about that Quidditch game in Germany? Brutal stuff, huh?”

Finally, Remus faced her, “Natalie we both know you didn’t come here to talk about Quidditch. I’m assuming about…the, um, kiss?”

Natalie pouted and nodded, looking down. Remus smiled at how cute she looked at that moment.

“Natalie, if you didn’t mind it, then neither did I.”

“Are you serious?” Natalie looked up, questioning bother Remus and herself. She couldn’t believe her ears. “But- Are you serious?”

Remus nodded, leaning in closer…only to be interrupted by the door opening. Remus subtly walked backwards as Natalie jumped off the table.

Harry walked in with a piece of parchment in his hands. He stopped walking and raised an eyebrow at Natalie, “I, uh, don't mean to interrupt, but I wanted to speak to you professor...”

Remus clapped his hands, “That’s right Harry! Natalie will you excuse us?”

“Oh, um…sure,” Natalie scowled at Harry. “Don't forget professor we that have the lesson on wandless magic at four.”

Natalie sauntered out, swinging her hips. She knew that Remus was watching. As she left she overheard a few words.

“It’s about Peter Pettigrew, sir. I just wanted to know who he was and why I might have seen him on the map.”
♠ ♠ ♠
blah, i dont like this one very much.

x
Rotten