Status: It is now rated R. dun dun dunnnn

When All the Lights Go Out

t h e h e a d m a s t e r ' s o f f i c e

Fast forward to a month and it is now October 28th and it seems nothing is going right for Natalie. More and more she is getting into trouble with her friends. So far, she has had at least thirty-seven detentions and every day they are racking up. It seems her time at Camp did not stay with her at all. In fact it left the day she got out.

To Natalie the only good thing about October is the Halloween Masquerade Ball.

“Alex!” Natalie squealed. Alex pulled her back onto his lap, his hands around her waist.

“What?” Alex laughed in a high pitched voice, mocking her. Natalie sat on his lap with her hands around his neck and her face in the crook of his neck. Her hot breath tickling him making Alex’s breath hitched.

“That tickles,” She breathed.

“Ahem,” Professor Severus Snape coughed, getting the attention of the two. “Grimm, the Headmaster would like to see you.”

Snape turned around and beckoned Natalie to follow him. She groaned loud enough for him to hear and rolled off of Alex. “Later, McKnight.”

Alex wiggled his eyebrows and pointed to the boy’s dorms, “Tonight Grimm. I expect you to be there.”

---

The halls were somewhat empty with only a few students. And the ones who were there parted the halls for Natalie.

Professor Snape and Natalie shared very few words. Very few, most consisted of Natalie’s nonstop questions.

“Miss Grimm I beg of you please shut up!” Snape rounded a corner, leading the two towards Dumbledore’s office.

“Well I beg of you! I just want an ans-,” Natalie was quickly interrupted by the spell Snape caste on her. She glared and shouted words no one could understand and threw her hands in the air. Snape grabbed her left wrist immediately- his eyes wide.

“Miss Grimm…,” For once Snape was speechless. Natalie eyes went wide and more muffled words spewed out.

Dumbledore greeted them, “Ah, Severus and Natalie! Speak up dear, I can’t hear you,” He joked, oblivious to what just happened. With a wave of his hands the spell was off and Natalie went off like a bell.

“Wow, way to be a fuc-”

“Natalie, please, there is no reason to use that language,” Dumbledore smiled and pointed to the seat in front of his desk. Snape left, but only waited outside for the conversation to end.

“Headmaster, please, why am I here?” Natalie asked with an eyebrow raised.

Dumbledore placed multiple papers on her desk, “These are the reasons why you are here.”

Natalie picked them up, looking at them one by one. She smiled sheepishly, “I already have, um, detentions for these.”

“That isn't the point. You’ve had at least forty detentions in a two month time. Natalie you are very close to exceeding the limit.”

“What, what does that mean?”

“You could possibly be expelled.”

“What! That’s ridiculous!” Natalie jumped from her seat. “Just for some detentions?”

“Well your troubles include: pranks, fighting, insubordination, lying, cheating, being late, not doing your Head Girl duties, and…um inappropriate displays of affection with Mr. McKnight, I believe.” Dumbledore took off his half-moon glasses. “I understand he is your boyfriend, but-,”

“He isn't my boyfriend…” Natalie trailed off as the increasing awkward silence loomed over there heads. Natalie scratched her head and sighed, “So what can I do to stop all of this?”

“Well you are in luck, Miss Grimm, another professor and I have come up with a plan to help you with your problem.”

“And?” Natalie urged the smiling Headmaster.

“For the past two months you’ve been getting into a great deal of trouble and have cause plenty of stress we figured two months would enough time to get you back on track.”

Natalie smiled, “Really? Two months to get my grades up, do my Head Girl duties, retake tests, and all of that shit?”

Dumbledore coughed, “Well, that and you aren’t allowed to go to the Halloween Masquerade Ball, you Heal Girl status has been revoked for two months, and three days a week you must report to the professor I chose that I think will help you.”

Natalie sat stunned as she opened and closed her mouth many time.

“Um, I- uh…serious?”

“As a heart attack, Miss,” Dumbledore joked, but apologized quickly to see the frown and the smoke coming out of Natalie’s ears. Natalie squinted her eyes, thinking hard.

“Reporting?”

“Yes, to Professor Lupin. Three nights a week you will be classroom at his helping him with whatever he needs.”

“Nights?”

“Or mornings, whatever he tells you,” Dumbledore stayed calm as he saw the anger starting to rise in Natalie.

“Mornings!”

“It could even be in the afternoon. As long as it’s three days a week. If I was you I’d keep you open periods open.” He didn’t mean for it to come out like a joke.

“What the hell! You guy suck at this; you’ve could of told me sooner, you know?” Natalie got up, intent on walking out the door. “Screw you guys! Expel me for all I care. I’m not doing it!”

“Natalie, don't make me, but I will tell your parents if I have to.”

Natalie scoffed and flipped her hair, “You wouldn’t.”

“I wouldn’t like it, but I will if I have to.”

“Fine,” Natalie glared at him, “What professor did say I’d be reporting to?”

“Right, Professor Lupin, the Defense Against Dark Arts teacher.”
“I know who he is!” Natalie said much too fast.

Dumbledore smiled and walked her out of his office and back to Snape. He would be walking her back, making sure she doesn’t do anything…stupid. “That isn’t a problem is it?”

“Nope,” Natalie squeaked. Great, just fucking great.
♠ ♠ ♠
yes yes yes. i know its been a very long time!!!!! and i feel horrible.
i didn't have writers block it just took a while to finish this chapter...obviously
penny for your thoughts?
a dime for your subscription??
a quarter for your comments???

Image
Cassi