Status: Coming along...

I Don't Know You, But We Can Change That

Prologue

“Oh summer why can’t you last forever!” Maddie yelled, groaning she pulled at her wavy brown hair that reached to her shoulder.

“Because my dear, then you wouldn’t know how marvelous I am for allowing you to spend every waking moment with Summer.” Summer remarked pointing at herself and making her usually sing-song voice booming and in a serious tone.

“ha ha, Sum”

“Oh Madelyn, you know that as much as you love your friends from that snobby filled place, no one and I do mean no one could ever replace me”

“That’s because I made the mistake of talking to you on the first day of kindergarten because we had the same awesome shoes. Since then I haven’t been able to get rid of you.” Maddie smiled as Sum glared at her. “Oh darn your mother for having good taste and buying you them.”

“Your Mom!”

“Hey! You love my mom, Sum.”

Sum stuck her tongue at Maddie, which was blue from the popsicle they were eating earlier. Maddie responded by splashing water with her foot towards Summer.

“MADDIE! I’m going to get you for that!” In splashed Maddie into the pool, and then Summer not so gracefully cannonballed (is that how you spell it) into the pool.

A few more hours and the two girls were sprawled out on the trampoline staring at the night sky. Soon they would be starting their senior year, Maddie at Jennings Academy and Summer at Gregory High. It wasn’t always like this. They both started their freshmen year at Gregory High, but Maddie’s outstanding academics granted her a scholarship to Jennings.

“Sum, give Liz, Danny and Nate a hug from me”

“Sure thing bud,” Summer paused and looked at Maddie, “You miss them don’t you?”

While Maddie missed Liz, Danny and Nate and vice versa they all knew that attending Jennings was an opportunity that Maddie shouldn’t give up just to be with them.

“Yeah” Maddie said with a smile as she thought back on her freshmen year. The “crew” is what they called themselves. While Liz was the quite shy one that turned red at even the mention of her name, Summer was the loud obnoxious one who managed to get Maddie and Liz out of their shells. Maddie was somewhere in between and was the witty one. Nate and Danny were hell of protective of the girls. Danny and Summer dated back in Jr. High but realized friendship was best, and that’s how he came into the group. Poor Danny was tired of being the only boy in the group so he jumped at the chance to make friends with the new kid, and enter Nate. While Danny was everyone’s best friend in school, Nate was the one that had been in so many fights that Summer, Liz and Maddie would play lawyer for him when the principal found out about Nate’s shenanigans. (ha the sound of this word makes me laugh)

Summer looked at her friend who had the dorkiest smile on her face. “Oh boy, what is Maddie thinking of?”

“Remember freshmen year when we left during lunch to walk to go get some burritos and ended up skipping the rest of the day.”

“Ha how could I forget! We went to Lion’s park and messed around on the jungle gym.”

“Then it started raining”

“And Nate ended up slipping and twisting his wrist!”

“So we had to tell our parents because we need to take him to get it checked”

“Ha and your mom flipped when she found out you skipped”

“ Don’t remind me I was grounded for two weeks.” Replied Maddie as she blew the hair that was getting in her way.

“Oh gosh. We were great. We still are just not in the same way without you.” Summer said pouting at Maddie.

“Aww, Sum!” The two embraced each other and squeezed until neither could breathe.

“Maddie, just promise me that you’ll try to hang out with us every once in a while.”

“Promise promise, Sum.”

I know that at times it may be hard
To let go of yourself
Baby girl tonight leave your cares behind
Because it's time to celebrate


“Hey momma!” Summer squeaked into her phone as Maddie snickered. “Yeah that was Maddie, where’d you think I would be. Geez mother. Otay I’ll be there in a bit.” Summer looked at Maddie and stuck her tongue at her while her mother told her to be careful on her drive home. “Okay. Love you mommy.”

“Leaving?”

“Yup,” Summer replied while popping the p, “but not before I suffocate you in a Summer death grip”

“Wouldn’t have it any other way.” Maddie said as she returned Summer’s embrace as best she could.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
♠ ♠ ♠
Well this is my first story. So here goes nothing. Ugh! Don't hate me please.

Rate, Subscribe, and comment

please and thank you.