Status: Coming along...

I Don't Know You, But We Can Change That

Take my breath away

My last year! Yeah! I'm a senior! Aaaah!, for the past hour since Summer left that's all that's been going through my mind. While it isn't the senior year Sum and me dreamed of I suppose it would do.

Showered and outfit picked out, I was ready for my first day as a senior. Nothing could bring me down. I laid on my bed listening to Hawthorne Height’s Niki FM and psyched about tomorrow. I knew I was going to wake up earlier than I usually do. I was probably going to toss and turn thinking about what tomorrow would hold.

Even with how psyched she was about her first day as a senior, it could never over shadow how nervous she was about seeing Devin. Oh Devin and his beautiful green eyes and amazing black hair. She had a crush on him since first day of sophomore year.

”Mrs. Grant it’s quite a privilege to have you join us for the rest of your high school career.”

“I do intend on taking advantage of what Jennings has to offer here Dean Garcia.”

“That’s marvelous Mrs. Grant, now you will be taken on a tour by one of our students. I wish I could show you around but I have a meeting with the Board.”

“Dean Garcia I am sure who you’ve picked will do just fine.” Madelyn said with a sickeningly sweet smile. She hated it here already she felt like everything she said was suppose to sound like some old colonial movie. Maybe she should throw in a southern accent too.

“Ms. Stone will you send in Mr. Pierson.” Dean Garcia said to the secretary through the intercom. “Thank you Mr. Pierson for agreeing to show Mrs. Grant around.” She said looking over my right shoulder as soon as the door opened.

“Not a problem, Dean Garcia.” At the sound of his voice I turned around and nearly fell out of my chair. Now wouldn’t that have been a nice first impression. Dear lord, I think I might love this school. Oh I have to tell Summer about this. I cannot wait. Why must you taunt me with your beautiful hair, Mr. Pierson. Don’t worry I will not be writing ‘Mrs. Madelyn Pierson’ on all my binders with hearts and stuff anytime soon but oh he was drool worthy. Oh no I better not be drooling. Not good at all! Instinctively I brought my hand to wipe off any drool that might have escaped my mouth, and what do you know…nothing! Oh yeah! I haven’t a complete dork out of myself…yet.

“Hi I’m Devin. I’d prefer if you called me that.” So now I have a name and it’s as hot as he is.

“Uhm, Hi my name is Madelyn. Of course my friends call me Maddie. I prefer Maddie, but it’s whatever. So yeah Madelyn or Maddie would be just fine.” And add awkward laugh here. I hope I don’t ramble again. That’s it I’m sticking to smiling and nodding.

Devin chuckled at my outburst, but to be perfectly honest I felt like I had been suppressing myself through the whole meeting with Dean Garcia. And that's my story and I'm sticking to it even if I'm tortured to pull it out. I shall not waver. Well that was a bit dramatic, don't you think?

“Well Madelyn or Maddie would just be fine, now it’s time for your tour of Jennings Academy.” Devin announced as if though he were a host of a game show.

I immediately giggled. What the hell! I freaking giggled. Oh yeah I was totally getting in my flirt mode. Then I stopped giggling and scolded myself. Bad Maddie, bad. Ugh! No one wants to be that idiot who giggles at everything a guy says so quit your shit, woman.

“What no Vanna White presentation? Pfft amateur.”

“Are you dissing my mad skills?” Devin faked hurt as he place his hand on his heart.

“Why yes I am, Devin? Clearly you need to look for a new career if that’s what you dream of being.” I had to resist the urge to place my hand on his shoulder and look directly in those beautiful jade eyes of his. Instead I put a serious look on my face and looked at his forehead. What it was a trick I learned through many years of hating to make direct eye contact with people. Now don't go telling everyone about my secret.

“Oh well I guess I’ll just become an actor, then I’ll make an album and come out with a fragrance 5 years in to my career and then launch a men’s clothing line after that.” Devin replied with a sigh and then offered me a breath taking smile.

“Niiiice, I see you’ve got some goals there Mr. Pierson”

“Why thank you.” By now we had made our way out of the office and into the quad.


The rest of the tour was pretty entertaining with us shooting witty remarks back and forth about the school, and by the end of the tour I knew my way around the school and I knew that I was completely going to love this school. Yeah I know I based it all on Devin, but damn was that boy was adorable, hot and cute rolled up in the best package possible.

Of course after a couple of weeks he stopped talking to me. It was like one day he decided that I was too boring or not cool enough to be around him, and it hurt because I thought he felt the same way I did about him. Guess I was wrong.

Yup an ice cream and loads of chocolate pity party with Summer and Liz and I still didn’t feel completely better. I mean come on, who doesn’t get happy with the mention of chocolate. But that’s all in the past and all I can do is stare from afar and wish he would just grab me during lunch and take my breath away.

Ha like that’s going to happen anytime soon he seems to hate me, for reasons unknown to me. Come on Madelyn sleep, it’s been 2 years and the boy hasn’t shown any interest move on and get some rest. Sleep, sleep Madelyn. What if I count sheep? Ugh not helping. Why can’t I get any sleep!?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
♠ ♠ ♠
Well it's longer than last time but it's pretty slow in the beginning.

Rate, Comment, and/or Subscribe

Thanks in advance :D