I Loved You, Once

Unexpected Visitors

Disclaimer:If I owned the Twilight saga, I'd buy a V-Rod, like Bella's. I don't have a V-Rod.

Previously: "We need to go get my parents. Something bad's about to happen."

"Expect trouble as an inevitable part of life and when it comes, hold you head high, look it squarely in eye and say, 'I will be bigger than you. You cannot defeat me.'”
-Ann Launders

Jason POV

No! Why now? Everything was just perfect, if even for a few moments....Bella loves me! She giggled. You heard that, didn't you? She nodded. I smiled. God I love her, and nothing is going to take her away from me. I'm not exactly sure what's going on, but I'd bet anything that it has something to do with the Cullens.

On the way to the house, Bella explained everything that happened when she left. I was surprised to say the least. Edward has found another human to toy with. What a pompous jerk; he'd had the best woman there was and left her - he didn't know what he was missing out on.

We rushed upstairs to Steph and Chris, only to find them gone. Bella and I split up and looked for them, but came up empty handed. I began to panic. Had something happened to them? Searching frantically to find any clue of where they had gone, I came across a note - I immediately recognized it as Chris's handwriting.

We left with Carlisle and Esme. Call us if you need us.

I heard Bella groan in frustration behind me. "Why? I don't want to face the Cullens again!"

My poor Bella. I didn't want her to have to go through this, but it was important. I walked over and hugged her reassuringly. "Don't worry, Bells. I'll call Steph's cell phone and tell them to come right over and we'll figure this out together, okay?" She nodded mutely in response. I quickly pulled out my cell and dialed Steph's number. No one answered, but I left a message telling her to come home as soon as possible.

Bella, we have to go there. They could be in trouble.

She sighed, and, reluctantly, agreed. "Okay, but were getting out of there as soon as possible." We mounted Bella's V-Rod - we didn't want to risk being seen running by humans - and followed our parents' scent. For once, she didn't protest that I would be driving it.

Bella POV

What is going on with me? The Cullens had hurt me badly, but that wasn't the only reason that I didn't want to see them. I don't understand; let me rephrase that-I do understand, but I'm in denial. I still had feelings for Edward. When I saw him at the pond, my pond, with that human, I was devastated. When he asked me if I drank from humans, I was ashamed; I felt as if I had let him down somehow. But I also loved Jason, didn't I? He was - is my rock. He actually loves me, and would never leave me. Oh no! Did I only love Jason because Edward didn't return my love? Now that he's back....

No, Bella. You don't love him, Edward that is. He betrayed you. You deserve better. Jason is the only one for you. Satisfied with my little epiphany, I returned my full attention to the task at hand. What was this new threat to our family? Were the Cullens involved? I am going to kill Edward if he has something to do with this.

Jason was decelerating. We quickly hopped off and strode toward the mansion in front of us. Wow, Esme doesn't do things half way, does she? I took his hand in mine, and he gave me a reassuring smile.

It'll be ok, Bella. I love you; we will figure this out.

The front door creaked open before we had even reached it; eerily reminding me of a scene from a horror movie. We walked in, and the unidentified girl from the club was suddenly in front of us. She was pretty, as was every other vampire, with dirty blond hair, high cheek bones, and long legs.

Smiling shyly, she introduced herself. "Hello Bella, I'm Gemma. Nice to meet you." Finally, I meet the infamous Bella. 'Infamous'? God, what had they told her about me? I saw her eyeing Jason, who looked uncomfortable in her presence. Interrupting her ogling of my boyfriend, I asked for Stephanie and Christopher. She said they were in the living room, and led us there. Jason held me close as we followed.

Upon entering the living room, every Cullen present, except for Rosalie, of course, turned to stare at me.

Why is she worried? Jasper. Why wouldn't I be? I come home to an empty house and a note telling me that my step-parents were with you guys. Nope, nothing to worry about here.

The dress in that magazine dress was so pretty! Rosalie. Wow. She was just outright ignoring me now.

I feel so bad for almost killing her. Emmett. Even in his head Emmett had a way of making me laugh, regardless of the topic. I'd never tell him that, though.

I hope she can forgive us. Alice. It was one of the few times that I questioned Alice's sanity. How could I ever forgive them after all they've done to me?

Good thing Edward went to take Nicole home. Carslile. Ah, ever the level-headed one. I wished Edward was here for me to give him a piece of my mind. Running away would not do, this time.

She's so beautiful. Esme. She makes it so hard to hate her.

Steph was concerned about why I had left earlier, and Christopher thought I owed the Cullens an apology. Sure, when hell freezes over. Avoiding the stares, I looked pointedly at Steph and Chris.

"We have to go. Something important has come up." They knew at once that I was referring to Jason's power, and were unable to hide the worry from creeping onto their faces. Thanks, guys! I thought sarcastically. Now the Cullens know that something is wrong. I was grateful that Edward was out of the house, and thought we were in the clear until I heard Jasper's thoughts.

The worry and fear is rolling off of them in waves. I wonder what is wrong.

Shit! I forgot about his power. Steph and Chris were gathering their things and saying their goodbyes when I growled in frustration. Everyone turned to look at me, and I glared at them; they returned to what they were doing. Under other circumstances, the situation would have been rather comical. We turned to leave when Gemma appeared in front of us. That's cool; her power was apparition.

"Leaving so soon?" She asked, smiling innocently. "I thought we could get to know each other better." Where the hell is Jane? Aro said she and Alec would be here by now!

"J-" I started, but thought better of it; best not let her know my power. I couldn't belive the Cullens would set me up! What did the Volturi want with me, anyway? I turned to look at the traitors. Their thoughts showed nothing but mild shock over Gemma's odd behavior. Did they not know what she was up to? Edward chose then to come through the door.

"Gemma, why are Jane and Alec coming?" Everyone turned to look at him; they were surprised to say the least. For the first time since the Cullens came back, I was happy to see Edward.
♠ ♠ ♠
OK, so I know that this chapter is insanely short, but the next one will be much longer, promise. I just wanted to get this one out. Oh, and it's in Edward's POV; you'll see what he's been up to. Comments guys! Please? :]