Maid-for-Hire: Kim Jaejoong

Ch. ONE

[YEONA POV.]
I woke up with a throbbing headache. Groaning, I stood up and tried to walk to the kitchen to get a glass of water, when I stumbled on something hard.

Landing on plastic bags, I tried to clear my muddled thoughts. "What the---?"

My eyes widened as I looked around. My living room could no longer be identified. What IS this place? Chips, popcorn, beer stains, empty beer cans, chip bags, icing, plastic plates, bowls, forks, and spoons littered the floor. The furniture was moved into different positions.

How did they get here? Seriously, I don't remember a thing. My head was still suffering from a major hangover. Oh, maybe I'll call Changmin. He'll know.

---ring~ ring ring ring~---
"Morning."
"Minnie! What happened to my apartment? It's--"
"We partied last night.."
"...Oh."
"Do you want us to go over and help you clean it up?"
"Uh.. nah, I'm fine."
"Mmhmm."
"Yup.. bye, Min."
"Bye YeonA."
---click---

Oh. Now that he mentioned it, scenes of last night's partying flashed into my mind. I mentally scolded myself for refusing Changmin's offer... not that I needed it, of course. I am perfectly fine with cleaning up myself. I mean, the mess isn't that big... Ah, well, I'll start by washing the dishes!

[two hours later]

-sigh- Nevermind. Now I just got soap all over the place. I've never been taught how to wash dishes, after all.

My stomach growled. I reached into my pantry and took out a cup noodle, adding the seasoning and hot water before covering the lid.

Yup, this was the only thing I knew how to cook. Pathetic, aren't I?

I rubbed my eyes and glanced at the newspaper lying on the table. Opening it up, I browsed through the news---nothing extraordinary happening---until my eyes reached a certain advertisement.

'Are you messy? Can't wash dishes? Can't cook? Can't clean? Is your residence all messed up? Hire one of our maids today! We guarantee you the best service, the best cuisine, and a spotless residence. Prices negotiable. Call 743-158-8468 for more details.'

Why do I get the feeling that this ad is directed to me? It's almost creepy to see that it met all of my needs.

But.. a maid?

I thought of all the delicious homemade food I would be able to eat. Ugh, I'm so sick of instant noodles and pizza delivery every day.

Unconsciously, my hand reached for the phone.

==

[JAEJOONG POV.]
I dressed in my finest (only) suit that I had kept in the best condition possible, for times like this. Yoochun, who didn't have one, wore his cleanest t-shirt and jeans. We also tried to comb through our hair, and bought a cheap second-hand razor.

"Hm.. turn right here," Yoochun mumbled as he scrutinized the tattered map. "Here it is, hyung!"

We abruptly stopped in front of a medium-sized grey building. Smoothing the edges of my suit, I took a deep breath before pushing open the door.

At the receptionist desk, a woman looked up from the computer and gave us a small smile. "Hello. You'd like to hire a maid, yes?"

Yoochun faked a cough, and I tried to smile back at her. "Actually.. we heard you're hiring..."

The smile was wiped off her face, replaced by an incredulous look. "You want to be a maid?"

"Err.. yeah."

I watched as she pressed a few keys on the keyboard, before pointing to a door down the hall. "Talk to the boss." Shaking her head, she went back to what she was doing on the computer.

Yoochun and I piled into the hall and walked to the door, which I knocked on. A gruff "Come in" was heard, so we pushed open the door.

"Sit."

We sat on two comfortable chairs in front of his desk.

"You two... are looking for a job as a maid?"

"Yeah." I responded.

The man, probably in his forties, nodded thoughtfully for a moment before continuing. "Well, do you have any experience?"

"Not as a maid, no," I answered truthfully.

"Can you cook?"

"Yes," I said as the same time as Yoochun said "No."

The man raised his eyebrows. "Can you clean and arrange furniture and decorations attractively?"

Me: "Yes."
Chun: "No."

"Do you know how to unclog a toilet? Can you take care of children and possibly dogs?"

Me: "Yes."
Chun: "No, and I'm allergic to dogs."

"One last question.." the man smirked, and I had a bad feeling about this. "Are you willing to wear a maid's uniform?"

I hesitated as Yoochun bellowed, "Hell no! Hyung, you're not going to either, right? Hyung?"

I swallowed. Money.. or pride. Pride or money. What would you choose?

"...y-yes.."

Yoochun stared at me with wide eyes, and then he covered his face with his hands. "Figures," he muttered.

I turned my attention back to the man, who was looking at me with a weird expression. Then, he stood up and patted me on the back.

"You're hired," he said to me before turning to Yoochun. "And you, obviously, are not."

---ring ring ring~ ring---

He picked up the phone on his desk and answered it.

"Ah, yes, hello!"
"Of course! We have all sorts of maids here to suit your needs."
"Oh, there's no delay at all. In fact, we have your maid right here, so you can expect your maid at your doorstep by tomorrow."
"Do you want your maid to work for you full-time?"
"That's about two thousand dollars a month."
"No problem, no problem at all! I'll forward you to my secretary who will talk to you in greater detail."
"Good bye."

He put the phone down and gazed at me, smirking. I don't like his weird smirk at all. Then he suddenly leaned in and grasped my hand, shaking it.

"Well, pretty boy. You'll start your life as a maid tomorrow."
♠ ♠ ♠
I rushed this, so yeah DX Sorry if it's bad. I didn't have time to proofread it, but I will later.
Figure skating is on! (the Olympics) GO KIM YU-NA :D
Oh, and if you were wondering.. (though you probably wasn't) I got the name YeonA from Kim YuNa XD That's her real name, isn't it? ^^
Heheh.

Comment please. Thankyou for reading!