Sequel: Diaries of the Mind

Trix, Like The Cereal

Trix, Like the Cereal

February 16, 1990
Good day Cranberry-poop,

Well Billie dropped out today. Yup, he stopped procrastinating and dropped out. You know what's funny? His eighteenth birthday tomorrow, it's like he dropped out today just in spite of... Well I'm not sure who, but some authority figure for sure. Me, Al and Mike are staying in school though and we plan on graduating and Community College seems to be in our futures.

Billie says all he wants to do in life is play music and there's nothing about music in the school's teaching program. I don't know what I want to do actually, I want a job in music, not in a band or anything because face it I can only play a few stuff on guitar and my voice is kinda squiggly. But maybe a job as a recording technician or something like that. Chances are that won't happen and I'll end up with some crappy nine to five dealy.

What I'd really hate about the nine to five thing is I'd have to cover up my tattoo. Okay! I have decided I refuse to sell out to some nine to five thing, I'll find a fulfilling career in the musical field if it kills me! YES I AM AWARE THAT I AM A DRAMA QUEEN!

What? I can't believe I haven't told you I have a tattoo! It's on my right arm, it's a piece of blue ribbon that says "Rebel, Rebel" in a sort of old English writing. It's after the David Bowie song. I got it last summer, around the same time Billie got his PUNX tattoo.

Tomorrow Billie and I are going down to this head shop that's been around forever. The owner's son is a friend of Lawrence and he said he was cleaning out some old shit and offered to give us some of the stuff. I have no idea what kind of stuff it is but Billie insists that since it's a head shop it must be good. It might just be a bunch of bongs from the sixties but hey. Then after that the guys have a gig most lightly followed by a make shift party for Billie!

Billie finally cut his hair, but it's still patchy, so I call him Patches. He hates his new nick name and started calling me Trish. He knows I hate that name. I think I'll stop calling him Patches.

As of next week the guys are going to start touring, but not major touring. They're going around California and Nevada. Basically they'll just be disappearing on the weekends then returning for the week so Mike and Al can continue school. Then this summer, they're going coast to coast. I'm still upset that I can't come along.

Blah! I guess Tracey and I can become bestest friends. HAHAHAHA I make myself laugh. Blah, I guess we can stick together being Green Day gals and all. If Billie has a girlfriend at that time she'll be in this "clic" too. BLAH! I'm just gibbering. WHY CAN'T I GO ON TOUR?! I'll be their band manager or something. HAHA.

Alright Cranberry-poop
-Trix