Sequel: Diaries of the Mind

Trix, Like The Cereal

Trix, Like the Cereal

March 21, 1990
Hello Daisy Duke,

Well, Al came by this morning before school with a long apology. I couldn't help but forgive him. In all he's a sweet guy just a little head strong. We spent the better part of the day together. He's walking on eggshells I had to friggin pull him into a kiss.

You know what? As I said before, Billie dropped out but after school Al and I found him in his garage reading. Yup, he was reading a book called The Catcher in Rye and he started ranting on how good it was. I guess I should read it, I have to read a couple more books for English class before the end of the semester anyway. Hold on a sec, Billie's downstairs talking to my dad.

Okay, I'm back Daisy Duke. What could Billie possibly want at this hour you ask? Well he came to lend me The Catcher in the Rye he also gave me a paper with freshly written lyrics on it for a song called Who Wrote Holden Caulfield. He also asked for his guitar picks back. Yes I have picked up that old habit of taking his guitar picks. I gave them all back except for one which I'm putting on a necklace.

Oh Carina bought me a skirt! I HATE SKIRTS AND DRESSES! She said I should wear skirts more often. Heehee you know what I did? I took the skirt (it's an above the knee jean skirt) and on one back pocket I drew a pirate skull and on the other I drew an anarchist symbol. Heehee I continued to draw on it with permanent maker and I plan on wearing it tomorrow just like she said I should. Give her the friggin shock of a lifetime. I think I might wear it with my bright green socks.

Well guess what Daisy Duke, I'm going to put you back in my drawer and start reading Catcher in the Rye because I'm special.

-Trix