Sequel: Diaries of the Mind

Trix, Like The Cereal

Trix, Like the Cereal

As of two minutes ago April 6, 1990
Dear Gut-chuck,

Yesterday, (it still feels like today) was my birthday. I'm officially eighteen now. WHOOT! Ha-ha, what a great birthday too. Yeah I know usually birthdays suck but I liked this year's birthday.

This morning I got woken up by Mike, but not in an abrupt way. He snuck into my room and gently shook me awake. He gave me my present which was a new diary, yes that means once your pages are full I will replace you! It's a much nicer diary than you are! It's plain black and he put a Ramones, Dead Kennedys and The Clash stickers on the front (which makes it so much cooler). He also put two Green Day stickers on it, one regular one and one that he chopped up so it says Gay Nerd, I wonder what he did with the extra E. He told me to open it and on the first page he wrote an entry. It was really sweet, it was saying how he was happy he had me as a friend for all these years and stuff like that. I have to admit I nearly cried. I was still too tired to get up and I didn't want Mike to leave so we lied around until it was time to go to school.

We went downstairs and Carina and my dad gave me a few new tapes and some more rolls of film for my camera. We headed over to Billie's and he gave me a bag of guitar picks and told me to stop stealing his. We all had a good laugh then Mike and I reluctantly went to school, picking up Al along the way. Al got me several black bracelets (I think they're called bangles) which I wore right away because they're awesome.

Well school was uneventful but the guys had a gig. After a couple of songs Billie called me on stage. When I refused Al came into the crowd, put me over his shoulder and carried me on stage while Mike and Billie started chanting my name. Billie announced to EVERYONE that it was my birthday and made me play Green Day (the song) with them. I borrowed Lawrence's guitar. After the song was completed I tried to get off stage but Mike stopped me and Billie got everyone to start singing Happy Birthday. It was all in good fun though.

Al and Billie started gibbering on how we should drive up to Canada and buy shit loads of beer. Mike wasn't too keen on this because he's seventeen for another month. I promised him I'd buy an extra case for him. I think I'll pull some strings so we can drive up in May instead. Knowing how Billie likes to ramble, we won't drive up at all.

I just realized I'm one day less than a month older than Mike.
-Trix