Sequel: Diaries of the Mind

Trix, Like The Cereal

Trix, Like the Cereal

May 15, 1990
Hello Canoodle,

Well it's official, I'm going to Oakland community college. Whoopdee-friggin-doo. I would much rather go to college in Chicago, I saw this brochure for a college there and man is it perfect for me. I guess college here won't be so bad, I mean Mike is going there. Mike nearly didn't make the graduating list because his mom wouldn't sign the papers. I swear that woman has mental problems, why couldn't she just sign the damn papers!? Mike went through hell and back to get her to sign them.

On a lighter note, that Tre guy is all proud because he got accepted to this Clown College, it's perfect for him. Though I seriously doubt he needs anymore training. Well maybe to learn how to ride a unicycle and make balloon animals. Ha-ha balloon animals; sounds wrong! He also says he's going to take some regular college courses. I find it pretty funny since he didn't even finish high school. Billie didn't bother to go for the graduation equivalency test so he's sure as hell not going to college with Mike and I. Al said he's going too, but he doesn't like talking about the whole college thing. Weird.

The guys have the summer tour all planned out. I'm not in the plans, tis sucky! Tracey is going to Nevada to stay with her grandparents so there goes my Green Day girls stick together plan. Billie is girlfriendless and he says it's a good break, "He's free." Haha. Billie makes me laugh sometimes, one minute he's a hopeless romantic the next he's all "bachelor for life."

They're leaving the last day of school, so they're going to miss the really lame graduation ceremony. I don't think I'll go either, kind of pointless if you're friends aren't even going to be there. Carina keeps insisting that I go to prom, I think she just wants to see me in a dress. I went to junior prom, she got a picture of me in a dress then, Billie and Mike made fun of me the whole night. I remember I was single at that time so Billie was my date.

Ollie made him, she and Carina were taking pictures non-stop until my dad finally drove us to school. I think we danced one dance, then we sat on the gym benches with Mike and Chelse (the chick he was going out with at the time) and we mocked preps. Some of the preps were all crying because they guy they liked was dancing with someone else or other lame shit like that. It was good entertainment for us not so preppy people. Roadie Shaun spiked the punch; I'm not sure how he even got into the dance because he sure as hell could not pass as a junior. Anyway we ended the night by taping pages of a nudey mag on the walls and running out of the school before the authorities noticed. Fucking hilarious if you ask me.

I still have the brochure for the Chicago college; I'm not sure why I'm still holding onto it. It's not like I can even consider going there, I mean it's pretty far away. Not that I get homesick, it's just it would be expensive to move there and tuition it adds up to a lot. I found this other college in Toronto (yup Canada) but that would be even harder to go to, because I'd have to get a green card or a student visa or something like that. I guess I should be happy I get to go to any college.

-Trix