Sequel: Diaries of the Mind

Trix, Like The Cereal

Trix, Like the Cereal

August 23, 1990
Good Evening Leotard!

Tre went home today, yup he stayed pretty much clean. I borrowed Holly's car and drove him into up-town Oakland, he was fucking nervous the whole drive. He kept asking questions about "What if my dad won't let me back home?" and "What if he's still pissed?"

I stood outside the car as he went up to the door, he was so nervous he ran back to the car once before I pushed him back. He rang the doorbell glancing back at me about a million times before his father answered. It went better than expected, his father pulled him into a hug the moment he saw him. Then waved me into the house.

His father started gibbering on how he was so worried that he spiraled into a drug hell. He hugged me three times for taking in his son and helping him out. I was shocked; I also had to explain to Mr. Wright twice that I wasn't Tre's girlfriend. I watched a long conversation between the two about his tripping and coming home drunk and shit like that. When I left Tre gave me a hug and thanked me. He also said he'd sleep over occasionally so I "wouldn't get too lonely." Tre is a laugh.

I had supper with just my dad tonight, Carina went to visit her family out of state for the next couple of days. He was wondering where Tre was, he said it was really quiet without him. Yeah, I know I said Tre behaved in front of my parents, but that didn't stop him from cracking non-pervy jokes. Yes, surprisingly Tre is capable of that. In a way my dad was proud Tre went home. Needless to say my dad made a whole bunch of shitty jokes about this being some sort of make shift halfway house.

Someone's at the door, be right back.

Hey I'm back, that was Holly, the guys just called and they really wanted to speak to me, well actually only Billie. He assigned me a bunch of tasks in exchange for his stash.
-pack up all his and Mike's stuff
-pick up the apartment keys from the landlord (his name Fred Condone)
-spend the entirety of the 27th in his garage with the garage door open
Did I mention Billie and Mike are renting out an apartment together? Yeah, I know jerks! They count me out of everything! But Mike said I could sleep over anytime I want so that's good.

Blah! The things I do for them. Tsk, tsk.
-Trix