Sequel: Diaries of the Mind

Trix, Like The Cereal

Trix, Like the Cereal

January 1, 1991
Happy New Year Mrs. Robinson!

Last night was an awesome New Year's party at the guys' apartment. You know the usual beer, doobies and such. After everyone left Tre got the munchies for cereal so he made himself a bowl of alphabets cereal. We all laughed our heads off because he believed someone was trying to send me secret messages. He poured the bowl out on the floor and started to 'decode' it.

This morning we found Tre asleep face down on the puddle of cereal muttering in his sleep about toast. Needless to say I've been turned off alphabet cereal for life.

I'm leaving the third, I have all my stuff packed up, I'm getting scared now. I'm probably never going to write in you again. Well I'll tell you what's going on.

All the money I saved from working at Lookout Records I'm putting to going to college. Out of state college, that's why I didn't want the guys to know. They'd make me stay here but I can't. I need to do this for myself. It's like pulling off a band aid; gotta do it in one shot. So I'm not going to have any sappy good byes, I'm just going to leave.

Oh fuck, I'm crying. Why the hell am I crying?! I don't cry! FUCK!
-Trix