Sequel: Diaries of the Mind

Trix, Like The Cereal

Platypus

January 1, 1990
Happy New Year Platypus!

I was wondering, what's the plural of platypus? Platypusses? Platypussies? Well I don't know, I asked Billie and Mike and they said I'm too weird for my own good. Then I told Billie to name one of his songs Platypus, but he said it sounded dirty and he wasn't planning on writing any dirty songs.

Al is really aggravating me. He keeps reaching for my bra every time we get together. Yeah, yeah I'm not that innocent and I've let Al as well as some of my past boyfriends well you know, please don't make me explain. But that seems to be all Al wants to do. I even got pissed at him the other day so now he's being a good boy and keeping his hands to himself.

Sometimes I think this is as good as it's going to get, like my life is going to end up a washed up ex-punky trash. We see them at Gilman, ex-groupies, guys who were in bands or get knocked up and dead end jobs. I wonder that's why my mom left and why I'm having issues with Al's hands on-ness. I think I should run away before I get stuck in a white trash rut. I realize getting stoned is fun and all now, but I see Ingrid she's like thirty-five and it's sick how she's always high and her daughter is neglected.

Billie was talking about dropping out again, he says he'd be learning the same amount he is now but this way he'd get to work on his music. I don't want to be a downer on Green Day but I agree with Mike when he says we need more than music to get by. Besides, it's only one more semester. Tre, from the Lookouts dropped out of school recently, he's always acid tripping but he's really smart. He claims that he has enough credits to get into college, so what's the point of staying in school. I have enough credits too, it's weird because I barely pay attention yet I do well. I'm probably going to end up going to the college up in Oakland, community college, just get my act together or something. I'm aware that I'll probably end up selling out, or buying in, depending on how optimistic I feel. I don't want to sell out, I love punk music but I don't want to become a washed up punky.

Right now Mike is the only person I can bare to talk to. I don't know why but Billie is somewhat distracted lately and well Eggplant may be a sexy beast but I can't take him seriously. Mike and I have always seen eye to eye, Bill claims that it's because both our birth mothers didn't want us. He didn't say it as rudely as that but it would take another half page to explain how he implied it. We don't talk about it all that often because it's a sensitive issue for me, besides in my heart (haha cheesy) Ollie is my mom and Billie Joe is my brother, along with his real siblings.

I don't have anything planned for today, so I'll just lie around my room feeling sorry for myself with Operation Ivy as background music. Oh wait, Al is supposed to come over today. Hopefully he's hungover or something so we can just lie around. I like lying around with Al, if there's one good thing about him, it's his spooning skills. I could friggin melt in his strong arms.

-Trix