You Jump, I Jump. Right?

Chapter 11

I felt time pass, yet I had no concern of when I would return to Volterra.

I had never moved from the stocks. I was forever in the same position. I never moved. Not when they gave me shock treatment, not when they hurt me so much I felt the need to grimace in pain. My face was forever in the same, blank expression. I was broken. Just like they wanted.

Although I had no idea how long I had been here, my vampire mind still made notes. I had roughly been here almost 5 years, and although I wanted to escape this hell hole, I didn't want to return to Volterra. I had a feeling they wouldn't let me leave when I returned to them.

They were law enforcers, surely they wouldn't want word to get around that they had sold someone.

My thoughts flickered to the Cullen’s. Would Alice have seen where I was? Didn't they care?

Probably not. If they did they would have come and helped me by now.

I was vaguely aware of someone inside of me, yet paid it no attention like I had for the past 5 years. I hadn't spoken in 5 years, hadn't moved, and hadn’t even breathed. I had long since lost my strong sense of smell, or my brilliant vision. I was becoming human.

Everyone crowded into the room after that. I tried to pay attention; everyone hadn't been in here since the day I first came.

"...Time for her to go soon, better make it a one to remember."

I zoned out again after that. I felt them doing stuff with my body, but I paid no attention.

After a while of this I felt the stocks being broken, being pulled along and clothed before I felt the familiar chain being put around my neck. I no longer felt the pain, and they didn’t like that.

I remember running with Moore and Pratt across the continents, until I saw the familiar corridors of the Volterra castle. I was pulled into a room where the whole guard waited. Aro, Caius and Marcus was once again stood at the front.

We stood before them, Moore unclipped the collar and turned to me. "Thank you. You are welcome to be a guest at our home again." He stroked my cheek, before he handed Aro a bag and left along with Pratt.

I stood there motionless, Aro smiled at me.

"Welcome home." He pecked me on the lips. But I didn't react. He took my hand, and I felt him replay all my thoughts.

"I'm sorry." He whispered. "Come with me, I shall get you cleaned up."

I felt him pull me along into his room. He handed me a cartoon of warm blood, which I took and devoured. I slowly felt my sense of smell come back, and my vision returned slowly, but not fully. I knew that I would never be a strong vampire again. I had been starved of blood for too long, I would never be the same.

After I drank the blood he pulled me into his en-suite bathroom. He undressed me and himself, his eyes staring at the scars on my legs and back. Venom was the only thing that scarred. I had crescent shaped scars all around my body and normal cut scars from when the venom had been on the knives and whips.

He started to wash me, his eyes glazing over my body. I heard the occasional sign come from him, and sometimes he tried to get me to talk. But I didn't pay attention to him.

After I was clean he dried me and clothed me in something comfortable. He pulled me over to his bed and I lay there emotionless.

"Eviee?" He shook me a little, yet I ignored him.

"I'm so sorry. I had no idea what he would do to you until I met him. I'm sorry for the pain I put you through. I'm so sorry. Please don't hate me. I did this for us. I know you want to leave us but I can't let you. I still need you, I was dead while you was gone. I love you."

He pecked me on the lips, and in response to it I simply turned around on the bed. My back to him.

I felt him touch my hand once more. "I shall find you a new room. You cannot stand the sight of me."

After a while he returned, and I walked to my new room, not sparing a glance to anyone I met along the way.