You Jump, I Jump. Right?

Chapter 12

I brought the carton of blood to my lips for the first time in 5 years. Long had it been since I’d felt the sweet yet bitter taste slowly going down my throat. I no longer felt the unbearable thirst that other vampires felt; my throat had become so accustomed to not being given what it wanted, that I guess I sort of evolved.

I was no longer strong enough to hunt; I was lucky enough to have survived the trip from England to Volterra. Aro, Jane and Alec were sat with me, although I held no interest of them. Again they would try and coax me to speak to them, but their voices were distorted; though I had no idea if that was due to my hearing or my mind.

Alec used to be my best friend. We would talk for hours; he always knew how to cheer me up. He always knew what I was thinking; something used to play in the back of my mind that it was Edward in disguise. Right now I wish he knew what I was thinking. That he would use his power on me; to stop me thinking, and feeling. I wanted to be numb.

I found it practically impossible to think about my father and my family. My real family! It hurt too much. Instead, my mind would play over the past 5 years, everything that happened to me, everything I had to endure.

Aro had some doctor brought in to ‘check’ me over. The doctor had only one request to make of Aro; that he would not use his power on him. He had no idea why, but agreed for the good of his ‘darling’ Eviee.

Aro carried me to the doctor’s medical room, sitting down in the chair next to me, clasping onto my hand. I moved my hand out of his, placing it onto my lap, zoning out on what was said between Aro and the doctor.

I felt Aro leave the room, and the doctor carried me from the chair to the bed. I heard him speaking to me, trying to reassure me I guessed. I felt him sit me up and pull my top off, but what surprised me next was when he pulled off my bra.

I started to fight, trying to get him off me, but it was futile. I attempted to scream for help, but my voice was gone. I lay there helplessly, as the man I was supposed to trust, raped me.